Where Have All the Users Gone Messages in this topic - RSS

kds_comics
kds_comics

2/23/2017

kds_comics
kds_comics
Only 26 users online at CPG in middle of the day? Where has everyone gone?
Are we waiting for CPG 3.0?

What am I missing here?

KDS
0 link
sclingerman
sclingerman

2/23/2017

sclingerman
sclingerman
I know. When The Big Crash happened, I didn't check back for a long time. And no it's like a Ghost Town. And I miss a few of the Old-Timers, like Tex. I try to think of some topics to keep things active, but I only see you and about 5 other people post.
At least the Price Guide side is going nicely. I love some of the improvements and some of the things they say they'll be implementing soon.
0 link
Robbie
Robbie

2/23/2017

Robbie
Robbie
It is pretty sleepy around the forum side.
Not even a thread about the Infinity War not-a-trailer... They've also started casting for The Inhumans. Black Bolt and the royal family in IMAX sounds fun. smile
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

2/23/2017

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
kds_comics wrote:
Only 26 users online at CPG in middle of the day? Where has everyone gone?
Are we waiting for CPG 3.0?

What am I missing here?

KDS

When you disappear and give little clue when you are going to come back ... And stay down for, well, ever you never get the original crowd back. Never mind having a nonfunctional mobile interface. CPG simply just lost their crowd by their own hand. I also believe they killed themselves and continue to do so by not rapidly addressing problems on the forum side and guide side. In the time it takes CPG to address shortcomings most other services have addressed theirs many, many times over.

Now I'm not a paid user of this site so I have nothing at stake but there are others that are and it must be frustrating as all hell to dole out the cash they do and watch other similar products continue to grow and advance around them. I use another cataloging service and they update services quite often during the year. Granted they don't have pricing as a part of that but I honestly don't care because that isn't a big deal at all to me. (Though they did once post about combining forces with CPG a few years back.)
0 link
ruk
ruk

2/24/2017

ruk
ruk
Dear Oxbladder
I do pay
I am happy to pay as I need the pricing
I am an avid collector -I do not sell but am tenacious on getting the best pricing information.
I am disappointed in the slowness in adding classic issues-Platinum-Gold stuff
all the action seems to be on the missing newer issue which do not interest me.
It wd be too time consuming for me to switch to other sites
and I have friends on this site.
not sure what to do
They need to clean up current classic pricing and update missing classics
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

2/24/2017

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
I hope they mange to meet your needs. I wasn't telling people to leave just pointing out CPG needs to up their game. The state of the forum is flat out their own doing.
0 link
Itosukai
Itosukai

2/24/2017

Itosukai
Itosukai
As a fairly new person here, I was definitely attracted to the site for the price guide. I am on many other forums and sadly this is the most desolate forum I have come across in a long time. As I am post crash and I have been hearing of this great upgrade, I am hanging on in hope and anticipation.
I am a paid member (silver) and would really like to enter more of my comics, but .... should I .

I have been entering info at a rapid pace and am also having that irritant happen, known as the Creator is in the Qeue.

Hopefully I can add a small amount of what-not, to this forum.

Cheers !
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

2/27/2017

kds_comics
kds_comics
Itosukai wrote:
As a fairly new person here, I was definitely attracted to the site for the price guide. I am on many other forums and sadly this is the most desolate forum I have come across in a long time. As I am post crash and I have been hearing of this great upgrade, I am hanging on in hope and anticipation.
I am a paid member (silver) and would really like to enter more of my comics, but .... should I .

I have been entering info at a rapid pace and am also having that irritant happen, known as the Creator is in the Qeue.

Hopefully I can add a small amount of what-not, to this forum.

Cheers !

The "What-not" is welcome. As noted here - check elsewhere on on comics prices from 1950s - 1970s. There are a fair amount of difference between this guide, Overstreet and elsewhere. when the $ go up, double check!

Just my opinion.

Oh no, I am off my own topic.
OHhh NOoo Mr Bill!!!!!

KDS
0 link
Finley2020
Finley2020

4/24/2017

Finley2020
Finley2020
So what are the odds of seeing HalfLife 3 before CPG 3.0? I kid. I do miss the old forums though.
0 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

4/24/2017

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
G'day Finley. (at least you have a cool avatar) most members here don't have one...So sad! The regulars do of course.
Yeah! I know i missed it too. I know as much you guys do.
CPG 3.0 that's a catchy name for it Lol.
Jesse said he contacted them not to long ago & the CPG gods are hard at work getting it done.
Hopefully not to long ...3,4--6 months smile
edited by Gilgandra on 4/24/2017
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

4/24/2017

Defiant1
Defiant1
In the world of comics, no one ever says "business sucks, we're just scraping by, we'll be shut down in a year."
They say "Hey, we'll be expanding soon. Business is great. Hang on for the exciting new launch."
There's just something about this hobby that no one wants to tell anyone that their dream is dying.

First rule of business in my opinion is that the customer's experience should never take a back seat.
That has clearly been happening for a long time. No one with good business sense is going to spend all of their time in the background programming while they flat out ignore their customers basic needs.

Do I believe they are in the background "getting it done" when images on the main page have dead links for weeks and they do nothing about it? The front porch is rotting with holes and they're putting marble counter tops in the kitchen? That's laughable.

If it were true, it's the worst case of misplaced priorities that I've ever seen online.

Defiant1
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

4/24/2017

Defiant1
Defiant1
On another note, the raw pricing data is the most valuable thing here. They could brand it, license it, and sell it to other sites. They could pay someone to edit the data and publish it in a print format. That would drive traffic to the site like an ad flyer. All they are concerned about is web hits for advertising dollars. They aren't even accessible if you ask to write about your paid membership. As someone who has been using the site since the late 90's, I'm very disappointed. There are plenty of superior message board packages available for free. The software running this board is essentially garbage.

Defiant1
0 link
Finley2020
Finley2020

4/25/2017

Finley2020
Finley2020
Gilgandra wrote:
G'day Finley. (at least you have a cool avatar) most members here don't have one...So sad! The regulars do of course.
Jesse said he contacted them not to long ago & the CPG gods are hard at work getting it done.

Ah, thank you. I'm rather proud of my new Werewolf Scooby avatar smile

I hope they're hard at work on the site. I know there are some of us who are in doubt but I'll remain hopeful for CPG 3.0.
0 link
Robbie
Robbie

4/25/2017

Robbie
Robbie
Gilgandra wrote:

I have an avatar smile
Lately the forum doesn't crash when I try to post.
"Unread topics" is usually a list of new issues for the guide, mostly variant covers. I don't reply to those.

It's easy to get out of the habit of posting on a personal vanity thread. Hard to find and maintain the motivation to restart. An active forum would need a bunch of those; and new threads for each new comic/sci-fi/related movie, TV series, etc...

The CPG Gods are false gods. smile
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

4/27/2017

Defiant1
Defiant1
I have my own message board, so this is only a detour site to visit if I'm too bored or unmotivated to do anything else.

Defiant1
edited by Defiant1 on 4/27/2017
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

4/28/2017

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
Defiant1 wrote:
I have my own message board, so this is only a detour site to visit if I'm too bored or unmotivated to do anything else.

Defiant1

You have a message board? Link?
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

4/28/2017

Defiant1
Defiant1
Oxbladder wrote:
Defiant1 wrote:

Defiant1

You have a message board? Link?

Life After Comics II
http://comics.vforums.co.uk

I've been creating checklists for defunct publishers since 2003. I only use free hosts for my sites, so they shift constantly as the hosting services get flaky. I rotate which site get updates.
I live in the US, so don't be fooled by the domain. There is very little subject matter on modern comics.

Defiant1
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

4/28/2017

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
Neat! I will have to check it out.
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

4/30/2017

Defiant1
Defiant1
I see that some people joined. You can discuss anything you like or just lurk. It doesn't matter to me. Some categories unlock based upon post count. It's more like a blog for me, but there are quite a few lurkers that visit.

Defiant1
0 link
ComicJoeSuper
ComicJoeSuper

5/2/2017

ComicJoeSuper
ComicJoeSuper
I'm new to the board! I collect mostly EC Comics so if anyone would like to chat about EC, please feel free to contact me!

Looking forward to discussing comics with everyone on this board.
0 link