Jayc13

all messages by user

12/31/2019
Topic:
Approving Data and Increasing Your Ranking

Jayc13
Jayc13
Jayc13 wrote:
so, i was up to Level 5 a few weeks ago. I've reviewed a few more new issues and creators. Now I've dropped back down to Level 4.
what is up with the rankings?

so it's like a video game? keep reviewing to maintain your high score??? geez....
1/19/2020
Topic:
Latest DC Walmart issues

Jayc13
Jayc13
Where are the 2020 Giant Walmart exclusives? Looks like the Direct versions have been added.
1/30/2020
Topic:
Download Collection to Excel - Sorting Question

Jayc13
Jayc13
what's the easiest way to download export the Excel file? I still can't get it to work properly.
1/30/2020
Topic:
Ruk's list-Who has the best collection

Jayc13
Jayc13
Add me to the list:
16,631 books $96,458
3/6/2020
Topic:
Mighty Marvel Superheroes Fun Book

Jayc13
Jayc13
I can't this soft cover Fireside book.

3/6/2020
Topic:
Box management

Jayc13
Jayc13
I could see adding a box/tab for year purchased. that way you track you budget spending.
3/18/2020
Topic:
Mighty Marvel Superheroes Fun Book

Jayc13
Jayc13
now that I'm catching up, I completely disagree! other databases have all comic periodicals, calling it as EXCLUSIVE COMIC ART related is wrong.
and technically, it wasn't a coloring book. I would think all the Fireside books would be here.

explains why some of the magazines I've looked for, are never found on here. having magazines like Comic Book Artist is here, but not having Comicology books baffles me when other websites includes it all.
edited by JayC13 on 3/18/2020
12/29/2020
Topic:
Printing box lists?

Jayc13
Jayc13
one year later, has this been fixed yet?

you can save out a raw-CSV file by publisher, but the only option for a Box is a webpage that is 20 pages to print out.
12/29/2020
Topic:
Printing box lists?

Jayc13
Jayc13
BasementComics wrote:
You can print by box. Go to your boxes and click the arrow. There is an option to print the box from there.

That was mentioned in my post and original post.
12/29/2020
Topic:
Printing box lists?

Jayc13
Jayc13
To be clearer...why isn’t there an option to print or export an Excel file? That option is there for the Publishers list.
7/7/2022
Topic:
Can we PLEASE have an EXPORT to Excel

Jayc13
Jayc13
I've asked this question a few times since I've been a member. The
"print box list" function just shows all data which I can't even import
into Excel. Does anyone have a macro or easier way to export?

I also wished I could find autographed books, sort by writer/artist.

I've mentioned it to you guys before, and I'll repeat it here. If you're not willing to allow exports, then you should consider building site tools to allow generation of the sort of reports many collectors want and need.

Imagine being able to do this sort of thing with our collections...

"show all Neal Adams penciled books from all publishers which I've graded 9.0 or higher"
"show top 500 valued marvel comics from the silver age"
"show all my Golden age books 6.0 or higher, with a graded value in excess of $2000 USD"
"show where the hell I put all my copies of Amazing Spider-man #300"
"show all my books penciled by Jack Kirby, where they are, what their value is."
"show all my signed and graded books"

This is the sort of stuff collectors who are very active in selling books, grading books, etc. NEED to be able to do, which we cannot do with your website. Things we can easily do, once we can get that information into a spreadsheet.

Your site is absolutely great for quickly identifying, assigning a grade, and cataloging unique details about a book and where it's being stored. I've spent SO MUCH money and so much lost time trying many of your competitors. Your site has been the best for me. It's especially great for identifying different printings and variants of modern comics. In fact, it was the simplicity of identifying that sort of stuff that led me to pull the trigger and invest the hundreds of hours cataloging and entering my 30,000+ collection into the site.

Bottom line, at least from my perspective, you guys are so close to be being the perfect collector solution, borrowing parts of each of the above. I'd easily pay 3 times what I'm paying now for a membership if such features existed.

edited by ronbatman on 7/7/2022
4/20/2023
Topic:
Fantastic FOur 52 facsimile

Jayc13
Jayc13
shouldn't the facsimile reprint be located in Volume 1 (original series)?

https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/fantastic-four/52/phxpkyr
4/20/2023
Topic:
Moon Knight 1 facsimile

Jayc13
Jayc13
what is the difference in these 2 facsimiles?

One is already with Volume 1.
https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/moon-knight/1-FACS/phwxmvt

and this one is under Dynamic Forces
https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/moon-knight/phsrnr
4/20/2023
Topic:
Heroes World Catalog

Jayc13
Jayc13
this needs to be in the database. I have a couple of these. These catalogs were done by the Kubert School.
I asked this before years ago and got the same response. Comicbase have these and other comic related in their software.
5/1/2023
Topic:
Strange Academy: Trick or Read

Jayc13
Jayc13
This issue should be a stand alone Trick or Read 2022. Or listed under Strange Academy #3 as a reprint.

https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/strange-academy/1-TOR/phyyjrw
5/2/2023
Topic:
Strange Academy: Trick or Read

Jayc13
Jayc13
Ncollectibleshop wrote:
glorkar wrote:
I'd have to check my copy, but I might actually agree with Jayc13. It should not be a variant of Strange Academy 1 if it contains a different story. If it's a reprint of #3, then it really should be listed as a variant there, regardless of the issue number on the cover.

when you find out what the indicia calls it, post that, cuz that's what CPG uses of course. they may be able to add a note to the listing about it reprinting #3 and maybe cross-list it under #3 also.

Here is the indica.
5/7/2023
Topic:
Can we export boxes to excell?

Jayc13
Jayc13
I’ve asked this question years ago. CPG tries to keep it locked down and proprietary.
Saving out to excel and delineate tabs is a pain. Export PDF and save as has been working for me. 😕
5/18/2023
Topic:
Season Have Teeth covers

Jayc13
Jayc13
https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/the-seasons-have-teeth/phutjx

It looks like Covers B - David Mack 1:10 is listed as Duncan Fegredo version, and the Retailer Incentive Sebastián Fiumara version is mixed up.

These cover listings need to be revised.
8/5/2023
Topic:
Updated website error?

Jayc13
Jayc13
Getting use to the updates. Seems there is a function error.
If I edit a comic in an existing comic box, the issues Current Box defaults to Unorganized. I missed the first couple of edits I did and had to go move the comic back to the box it was previously in.
Anyone else catch this?
8/8/2023
Topic:
Current box default error

Jayc13
Jayc13
Getting use to the updates. Seems there is a function error:
If I edit a comic in an existing comic box, the issues Current Box defaults to Unorganized. I missed the first couple of edits I did and had to go move the comic back to the box it was previously in. Happens on every issue, new issue add and update an issue location.
Anyone else have this problem?