Printing box lists? Messages in this topic - RSS

Jayc13
Jayc13

8/29/2019

Jayc13
Jayc13
Why can't I print/export a box list or even "Save As" an excel file?
When I go to print a box, the new tab of the box of 400 comics, gives me a 22 page print out. There has to be a better and easier way to sort and edit and print my collection.
Also, the information in the print out is lacking information. no notes, dates, variants.
-1 link
Jayc13
Jayc13

9/2/2019

Jayc13
Jayc13
bump...
-1 link
Jayc13
Jayc13

9/5/2019

Jayc13
Jayc13
It kind of makes me wonder why I joined this website. I've spent the past year loading my collection into the website, tried to ask simple questions, and get no responses.
-1 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

9/5/2019

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Jay,
A simple question doesn't necessarily have a simple answer. The question and the comments that you ask above require hours and hours of programming time. I agree that a box of 400 books should be on a page or two. It's the time involved to fix it. Our programmer is currently on vacation so I didn't answer your post because I don't have a good timeframe until I can talk to him.
+1 link
Rabuonauro
Rabuonauro

12/9/2019

Rabuonauro
Rabuonauro
I have same concern with 319 comics. There doesnt seem to be a way to export list without the it adding issue's that you need. A list with just the issues that one currently has and their current value would be great.
0 link
Prrawls
Prrawls

12/13/2019

Prrawls
Prrawls
While I don't know the layout of the DB you guys are using, I've been asking since I joined for an easy way to get a CSV output of my collection so I can use my data in a spreadsheet for analysis on Return on investment. It would be a very useful option. The output you guys giveus is actually too formatted that it makes the output pretty much useless. Love the site and the ease of use there, but allow us to use our data practically as well.

Because at the moment you are "the site" for cataloging a collection with an basic idea of value. Your only competition is a aging application called comicbase... So please do what you can to make our data useful before someone else catches up and I decide jump ship to the next guy, that is if the next guy ever shows up to the party...
edited by prrawls on 12/26/2019
0 link
Jayc13
Jayc13

12/29/2020

Jayc13
Jayc13
one year later, has this been fixed yet?

you can save out a raw-CSV file by publisher, but the only option for a Box is a webpage that is 20 pages to print out.
0 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

12/29/2020

BasementComics
BasementComics
You can print by box. Go to your boxes and click the arrow. There is an option to print the box from there.
-1 link
lokyel
lokyel

12/29/2020

lokyel
lokyel
also if you set your printer (if you have one that prints on 2 sides) to print on 2 sides you will use less paper.
-1 link
Jayc13
Jayc13

12/29/2020

Jayc13
Jayc13
BasementComics wrote:
You can print by box. Go to your boxes and click the arrow. There is an option to print the box from there.

That was mentioned in my post and original post.
0 link
Jayc13
Jayc13

12/29/2020

Jayc13
Jayc13
To be clearer...why isn’t there an option to print or export an Excel file? That option is there for the Publishers list.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

12/30/2020

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
Jayc13 wrote:
one year later, has this been fixed yet?

Jay, we never said that we would fix this. It's a very minor detail that would take too much time to change. $50/year membership fee doesn't pay for an hour of a programmer's time.

There are two ways to obtain your collection
1. One is to export the .csv file by publisher and then blend them together.
2. The second is to print by box

That's it.

I'd like to say something difficult to you. You've bumped this post, brought it up with a condescending attitude, and voted down comments of people trying to offer help. Let it go. If you want to talk to me personally about it, call our offices or send me an email.

Ron
edited by ronbatman on 12/30/2020
+1 link
BasementComics
BasementComics

1/1/2021

BasementComics
BasementComics
Hey Ronbatman,

Is there a way for me to print out, for example, all my DC raw and graded books into one export or do they have to be done separately? Is it possible to add an "all" feature?

Just curious.

Thanks

Donald
0 link