5fiddy

all messages by user

3/25/2017
Topic:
So, I am ready to liquidate portions of my collect

5fiddy
5fiddy
Defiant1 wrote:
My suggestion is to tease people with an introduction about your collection without really saying anything. Build it up like its really awesome so that collectors start letting the greed in their mind get the best of them. Whip out some unimpressive list in a few days and leave people perplexed afterwards. That's my suggestion.

Defiant1

hehe
4/8/2017
Topic:
Jimmy Olsen #139 and 141 Speculation?

5fiddy
5fiddy
I doubt there will be any long term value for those books. There have been many actors and actresses that have appeared on the covers of comic books that have no, or very little, added value to the books. Carrie Fisher books seem to have come down quite a bit since her passing and she had a much larger fan base than Don Rickles.
4/8/2017
Topic:
And WHY is Power Girl vol 2 #27 >$200 ???

5fiddy
5fiddy
sclingerman wrote:
colbalt91 wrote:
Major cleavage would be the right answer.

If it was, the issues 1, 1A, 2, 3A, 4A, 8, 9, 14, 18, 20, and 24 would all also be >$200. And #20 ESPECIALLY, moreso than #27.

Well, it looks like I'm going to be updating my want list with a few more books.
4/8/2017
Topic:
WHAT'S HOT, WHAT'S NOT

5fiddy
5fiddy
sargon wrote:
Dell Lobo is very undervalued in the guide here. He is considered the "first" African American super-hero and the series si extremely hard to find in any condition.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Westerns/3978/i.html?_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_nkw=dell+lobo

The Lobo prices are pretty consistent.

Sargon

I think the book is considered the 1st book that has an AA character headlining a comic book. Black Panther is still the first African superhero and the Falcon is the first African American superhero.

A book I think is pretty undervalued is Hell Rider #1. In it contains the 1st appearance of the Butterfly who is the first AA super-heroine.
3/25/2021
Topic:
Captain America #275 & 276

5fiddy
5fiddy
Helmut Zemo first appeared in Captain America #168.
3/25/2021
Topic:
Comics going up in price

5fiddy
5fiddy
Why is Avengers #33 hard to get during the shutdown? Wouldn't all books shipped during that time be "harder to get"? There seems to be a lot of copies on eBay.
3/25/2021
Topic:
Comics going up in price

5fiddy
5fiddy

Doesn't look like FF #185 is doing much either unless it's part of a lot.
3/25/2021
Topic:
Comics Going For More What do they know?

5fiddy
5fiddy
It seems that "Hot" book or books to "Watch" never show up until these have gone up already?

And reason why? It seems like some people know ahead of time and do not let anyone else know

In the "old" days people gave a "heads up" not anymore I take it....

In the old days people would also do their own research on the books and bought what they liked, and not what everyone else is chasing.
3/25/2021
Topic:
How in the world has this not been reported?

5fiddy
5fiddy
Doesn't make sense. Disney will go after small businesses or schools for showing their movies, https://www.sacbee.com/news/california/article239914608.html, but they won't go after sellers that counterfeit their books. Bit Wonky..
3/27/2021
Topic:

5fiddy
5fiddy
Taskmaster wrote:
5Fiddy wrote:

NOT as Baron Zemo as Phoenix OK?

It's still Helmut Zemo's first appearance regardless of which costume he puts on.
edited by 5fiddy on 3/27/2021
3/27/2021
Topic:
Teen Titans Academy #1

5fiddy
5fiddy
This cover looks much nicer.

4/4/2021
Topic:

5fiddy
5fiddy
Taskmaster wrote:
5Fiddy wrote:
Taskmaster wrote:
5Fiddy wrote:

It's still Helmut Zemo's first appearance regardless of which costume he puts on.

#275 & #276 are him as BARON ZEMO II Okay? It's on the internet maybe I should show you it
edited by Taskmaster on 4/3/2021

As I keep saying, Helmut Zemo first appeared in Captain America 168.

edited by 5fiddy on 4/4/2021
edited by 5fiddy on 4/4/2021
4/4/2021
Topic:

5fiddy
5fiddy
Taskmaster wrote:
5Fiddy wrote:
Taskmaster wrote:
5Fiddy wrote:

#275 & #276 are him as BARON ZEMO II Okay? It's on the internet maybe I should show you it
edited by Taskmaster on 4/3/2021

4/4/2021
Topic:
Whoa....?! That's a CGC 9.8 ??

5fiddy
5fiddy
What are you seeing exactly that you think makes this less than a 9.8?
4/5/2021
Topic:

5fiddy
5fiddy
glorkar wrote:
@5fiddy - Think of it this way then, while 168 was the first appearance of the character, 275/276 are key issues because that is when he became the superhero / supervillain that we are currently familiar with.
It's almost like he was reborn. That makes those pretty major keys in my opinion.

Oh I get that Cap 275/276 are Helmut Zemo's cameo/first, or whatever, appearance as "Baron Zemo". I just found it funny how the OP was going on a rant trying to explain how 275/276 as his first appearances. I never disputed it at all. I just stated Captain America 168 is Helmut Zemo's first appearance.

And this is the reaction I received for saying Captain America 168 is Helmut Zemo's first appearance.

4/5/2021
Topic:

5fiddy
5fiddy
rgtichy wrote:
Is the first appearance of Jason Todd noted as the first appearance of the Red Hood?!

Jason Todd debuted in Batman #357 (March 1983) and made his first full appearance in Detective Comics #525 (April 1983), but it wasn't until later that year when he would appear in costume as Robin in Batman #366 (Dec 1983) when he showed up towards the end of the story to help Batman fight the Joker. Red Hood appears in Batman #625, as a character whose identity is Jason Todd.

Right...as I mentioned previously, Captain America 168 is Helmut Zemo's first appearance. I never said it was Baron Zemo II's first appearance.
4/8/2021
Topic:

5fiddy
5fiddy
Taskmaster wrote:
5Fiddy wrote:
rgtichy wrote:
Is the first appearance of Jason Todd noted as the first appearance of the Red Hood?!

Jason Todd debuted in Batman #357 (March 1983) and made his first full appearance in Detective Comics #525 (April 1983), but it wasn't until later that year when he would appear in costume as Robin in Batman #366 (Dec 1983) when he showed up towards the end of the story to help Batman fight the Joker. Red Hood appears in Batman #625, as a character whose identity is Jason Todd.

Right...as I mentioned previously, Captain America 168 is Helmut Zemo's first appearance. I never said it was Baron Zemo II's first appearance.

It was NEVER said that #168 was his first appearance but as BARON ZEMO is #275/#276

I thought made that clear I even drew you a picture and it still didn't click with you

I guess I'll have to draw a map next time...Oh well some people will never get it...Whaaaaa?

You really need to calm down. Helmut Zemo's 1st appearances is Captain America #168. I started it and you flipped out by insistenting Captain America 285 is Baron Zemo 2's 1st appearance. Yeah, no kidding it is but it doesn't make his actual 1st appearance less meaningful.

The one thing I get is you're upset that CA 285 wasn't getting the respect that you thought it should and I merely pointed out that CA 169 was Helmut Zemo's 1st appearance. But you can't seem to understand the difference between what I work and what you wrote.

No need to "draw a map" since you're already having difficulties with reading comprehension.
4/8/2021
Topic:

5fiddy
5fiddy
rustyauger wrote:
I just picked up some CPVs of these at the comic store
"", ""

edited by rustyauger on 4/7/2021
edited by rustyauger on 4/8/2021

Nice! That's a great price if that's what you paid.
4/9/2021
Topic:

5fiddy
5fiddy
Taskmaster wrote:
This book took FOREVER to go up what is wrong with people???

He was the major villain in Civil War and the main antagonist in Falcon & Winter Soldier

What is going on with comic book people know adays??? $50 for a Avengers Book with First Photon but nothing until now with First Zemo?????

I really don't get how people gauge books because most time they are WRONG and the books that SHOULD go up because that character is in a tv show and or movie (multiple times) and nothing

#275 is his Cameo Appearance #276 first full appearance

wink

Sounds like you're throwing a tantrum here. You really need to calm down and focus on the words that are written in this thread and quit getting so angry. Captain America is still Helmut Zemo's first appearance regardless of how much you keep whine about it.
4/9/2021
Topic:

5fiddy
5fiddy

edited by 5fiddy on 4/9/2021