tarn kronos

all messages by user

7/11/2016
Topic:
Comics to Watch is Wrong? Oh my......

tarn kronos
tarn kronos
When I click on the comics to watch tab I see that "war is hell" is listed as the first appearance of death in the MCU....

According to Marvel.com its not and death makes her appearance prior to the war is hell issue in captain Marvel....I put the link below for your review....

http://marvel.com/universe/Death_(embodiment)

Thx,
Tarn Kronos
11/18/2016
Topic:
Final Hyperspace (Star Wars) Fan Club Issue?

tarn kronos
tarn kronos
i was able to pull this info off the net. Seems interesting to me as I never knew about this. You can check the current price on ebay. I hope this helps you.

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Retro Dark Horse: Star Wars Fan Club 2010

Star Wars had a fan club as far back as 1978, the year after the first
movie was released. The fan club offered a yearly subscription to a
Star Wars periodical and a membership kit. From 1978 to 1986, the
periodical was called Bantha Tracks. In 1987 Bantha Tracks transformed
into the Lucasfilm Fan Club Magazine. In 1994 the Lucasfilm Fan Club
Magazine was renamed to the Star Wars Insider which has been the name of
the magazine to this day. Over the years, the membership kits included
items like patches, stickers, posters, pencils, and other Star Wars
branded merchandise. The name of the official Star Wars fan club from
2004 - 2010 was called the Hyperspace Fan Club. The last year of the
Hyperspace Fan Club had a membership kit that included a Dark Horse
comic that reprints the Thank the Maker story from Star Wars Tales #6.

Star Wars Fan Club 2010 - Dark Horse Comics, U.S. (2010)

Thank the Maker is one of the more memorable stories from the
Star Wars Tales anthology title. In this story, which fits seamlessly
between scenes in the Empire Strikes Back, Dark Vader is haunted by
memories of his past life on Tatooine when he encounters the remains of
C-3PO. (Remember, C-3PO was blasted to pieces by Stormtroopers on Cloud
City.)

This comic is one of the harder to find comics published by Dark Horse. A copy sold on eBay on January 10th, 2015 for $340.
12/4/2016
Topic:
Signing: value or destruction?

tarn kronos
tarn kronos
i'm going to be a bit more positive about signed books for a minute. I think people are buying signed books when encased in Plastic. One might say that they even sell for a higher price (sometimes) than non-signed books. So, if this is true then the market has already answered this question. When I got my Strange Tales 110 signed by Stan Lee i was not worried. My memory was great on this...I got to meet Stan the Man and I thanked him for all he has done, and told him my life was better because of it...his response was "and on the eighth day i created the"...lol he has a good sense of humor. My experience was great and i would have never had it if I did not seek out to have him sign the book. To top it off the CGC gave me a 6.5 for the book unrestored and even gave me the elusive grade that you almost never see for this book of "White Pages"! I had my son with me and he got to meet stan too so we have a great book preserved in plastic signed by Stan and we have a great Memory!
4/15/2019
Topic:
The Eternals have popped in price...Nice

tarn kronos
tarn kronos
The Eternals have popped up in price according to E-Bay...Nice

I hope the movie is GR8!
8/3/2019
Topic:
Fantastic Four database error

tarn kronos
tarn kronos
Fantastic Four Annuals 4 thru 10 are listed accidently under a tab called 'King Size". These Annuals should be listed under the "Annuals" Tab.
8/14/2019
Topic:
Fantastic Four database error

tarn kronos
tarn kronos
Dear Collectibleshop,

To support my position I've attached links of pictures of CGC Title heads saying "Annual" not "King-Size"...Maybe CGC is wrong? wink So, just in case CGC was wrong I went to Marvel directly and they also say annual (see the last link). I know the only way for me to verify is to open the front page and read the fine print on the first page but I can't find mine. While it is possible Marvel and CGC are wrong it is also possible there is a database error here and that's why I brought it up. I have my comics listed here with no problems and am just trying to point out an observation or possible mistake here or at Marvel and CGC. It might be worth a second look? Thanks Man!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantastic-Four-Annual-4-Marvel-11-66-CGC-9-0-Purple-Origin-1st-App-Torch/264251000175?hash=item3d8696456f:g:28sAAOSw45xclWHj

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantastic-Four-Annual-5-CGC-9-4-Rare-4-Siamese-Pages-1st-Appearance-Psycho-Man/192786944806?hash=item2ce2ff5326:g:QS0AAOSwsQJcN95i

https://comicstore.marvel.com/Fantastic-Four-1961-1998-Annual-4/digital-comic/4286?r=1
9/3/2019
Topic:
Journey Into Mystery #83

tarn kronos
tarn kronos
Hello Pthomas2010,

I also have a 5.0 J.I.M #83. My book is valued at 10,200 because its graded by CGC and I have my graded box checked...but If I did not check that box its considered RAW and the value is 3,251 less. Is it possible that somehow your issue got Unchecked? I'm sure you already checked but just thought I would try to help. Also, there is a dedicated place you can post missing issues or database errors...https://comicspriceguide.com/forum/forum15-database--missing-issue-discussion.aspx

Well anyways good luck and know you got a great comic.
12/9/2019
Topic:
The Uncanny X-men #177 (Newsstand) is missing

tarn kronos
tarn kronos
The Uncanny X-men #177 (Newsstand) is missing.
1/12/2020
Topic:
Need help on comic book storage questions....Plus

tarn kronos
tarn kronos
I need your advice old timers....I'm a bronze age collector and have now much limited space...so I have built up a shelf of cinder blocks and boards to host my comic boxes....my worry is that the heater vent in my room blows on some of the lower boxes so i'm worried that will degrade my comics even though they are boxed, boarded and bagged....I feel and know i'm doing the wrong thing but ran out of space....any advice for the hoarder comic collector who still can manage? Also, anyone know about comic book insurance? I have no clue...please help on the full Monte or in part...will double check all feedback but thanks!
1/12/2020
Topic:
To Ron Batman and staff....

tarn kronos
tarn kronos
To Ron Bateman and staff....as a user I found it painful and time consuming to try to figure out my xmen collection from new stand to direct indication....took a bunch of time due to site locking up and data input considerations.....try 100 book or so unders the system now and imagine my pain and your observed pain if tried and try my new self imposed organic solution that poses no hate or excess waste to the universe. My new self imposed organic solution is (SIOS) and the in future newsstand / direct comic book would be a check box just like you have currently with graded or non graded...so simple and what box was checked would pull up the pic....so again i'm not complaining but offering another approach....its really painful the way it is...so thanks and if you say no then may the force be with you brothers and sisters.
1/13/2020
Topic:
Need help on comic book storage questions....Plus

tarn kronos
tarn kronos
thx...looking for someone who can stand behind an actual insurance company...they should be jumping at the bit.....or if not its all a scam. What would really make an impact is if this website would actually endorse an insurance company....???
2/22/2020
Topic:
Marvel VS DC!

tarn kronos
tarn kronos
MARVEL ALL THE WAY! NOT disney
6/6/2020
Topic:
Fantastic Four 1963 Annual #1 - Missing Back Cover

tarn kronos
tarn kronos
Here's another link on Grading that I was just looking at. https://www.mycomicshop.com/help/grading
I have a really really beat up FF5 that I want to have CGC'd and I went ebay and saw that there is a huge price difference between a .5 and a 1.0 One thing interesting was most of the books on Ebay show the FF .5's missing pages or stuff cut out....So I went though the book while viewing the book online and found I had no missing pages or stuff cut out so I hope I will get a 1.0 You might want to consider none of your internal pages are missing. Here's the link I used....Good Luck!
https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Fantastic-Four-1961/Issue-5?id=27143&readType=1
6/7/2020
Topic:
How to sell comics

tarn kronos
tarn kronos
I've never sold a comic, but want to sell some of mine. How do I sell here? What is the process? Is it safe for the seller and buyer? I don't know how to sell on Ebay either, so chime in if you want to....I thank you for your time.
7/16/2020
Topic:
Rules to follow when Investing......

tarn kronos
tarn kronos
Ok...I'm a marvel guy....so I'm lucky I loved these books....always invest in these because the movies and are hot and the stories are better.

Rules to follow when investing.....

1-Buy Marvel...ok...I know I can be proven wrong so many times saying this...but someone has to have the balls to tell the truth....60/70 or 80 years ago people read comics too and are worth a hundred or two now when the most popular was romance and war stuff....a old timer during WW2 spent 10 cents on a book and its worth 100 or more if they coveted it all these years. I say concentrate on Silver Age Marvel....Already proven and should hold true for another 30 years or so....you will see you return on your investment!

2-Can I take my current collection and and have CGC crack my CGC/PGX/CBCS case and grade it after a CCS pressing? Yes....So far my Avengers 4 went from 6.5 to 7....PGX GS xmen1 PGX 8.5 went to 8.0 CGC. JIM 83 5 to 5 @ white pages..spiderman 129 7.5 now at 8 and they keep coming....The focus is take a good look at two things....the date at when your CGC were graded and see if it was 2012 or before people were pressing and of course look at the book and see if you feel it's possible to get a "bump"....etc....CGC has been good to me and hold a higher tier when and if you want to sell them...If not ok....but look at your stuff in your inventory and see if you can raise money inside the comics you already own by having them pressed and re-graded. I had CCS/CGC press my comics and am so happy with the results....CBCS grades books are selling for like 10-20 percent less than CGC...and PGX ...well I would buy one if it looked ok but the price would have to be soo cheap...and they are. I will have to sell extra stuff I have to pay for this...but again....I need to consolidtate

3-Always buy a Silver Age Marvel Key cheap over a ton of variants of modern age books with a bunch of hype.

4-Sell your books prior to a movie release for big gain...or hold and maybe they will continue to go up.

I understand getting all tied up in a book you really like....but get your money tied up in things WORTH MONEY.

I hope I did not trigger anyone and am not waving flags or anything....Point of order. LOL To-be continued....
7/16/2020
Topic:
Rules To Follow When Investing......Pt2

tarn kronos
tarn kronos
-Collecting vs investing.......
HUH? What do you mean this is the 3 variant of spongebob nude....who cares? Limited runs don't equate to keys or a run up on money or your investment on spongebob naked. Yes while Sponge boy naked variant (make believe variant) is 1:20 it really has no value....lets say a "key collector" app says its hot then by all means buy low sell hi, but then usually you are still holding sponge bob naked variant after all the hype ended and when you could have have used that money towards a silver age or bronze key that's been proven through out the years....These keys might elude the younger collectors/investors due to them being before they were "Aware" of the real deal in American Marvel Comics.

Buy Korvac---Giant size Defenders 3
Buy Adam Worlock Stuff FF67 thor etc...
FF5....buy
Xmen 120-130....good stuff
Adam worlock stuff Magus storyline....movie stuff
living tribunal 1st appearance strange tales 157/158
First appearances of lord order and chaos....in betweener....one above all....all the ancient marvel universe entities ....it will all tie in and make money on your investments only because the storylines are good. What's better...having one FF48 or a bunch of Sponge bob naked Varant 1:100 We went through this back in the 90's....Now finally we see prices rise from the 90's....Buy Silver Age Marvel....KEYS.
7/16/2020
Topic:
"Raw" Prices vs. "Graded" Prices

tarn kronos
tarn kronos
So many people before me....What path shall I tread? If you know how to judge a restored book from a universal book then good...but a lot of green horn's don't....so CGC graded copied are good for buyer and seller....Nuff said!
7/16/2020
Topic:
Newstand vs direct....Simple explained!

tarn kronos
tarn kronos
Newstand vs direct....Simple explaned

All people look for the rare comics....One of the newer ways is to look at newstand vs direct editions. Lets look at the rare comics I can think of now....I might miss some but i'm sure but you will get the drift...or not.

-direct or newstand----buy newstand in high grade when possible.....no one can tell if you are smart or not but almost all the copies of higher grades of comics are direct not newstand....so buy the rare newstand when you find them....

-In the early 80's there were more newstand printed than directs...yes true....but now see how many are newstand are high grades from that time era for each book....its universal guys...newsstand is more rare in higher grade as see everywhere.

-if rare high grade copies is your thing...then buy newstand....

-CGC is not listing Newstand vs direct...too bad

-CGC lists Canada variants ....This is only the cover price difference between usa and canada.

-CGC lists other variants like Mark Jewler inserts....etc...

I think CGC is getting ready to make the move to start tracking newstand and directs....But what does Tarn Kronos know??
7/16/2020
Topic:
Canadian Edition Vs. USA

tarn kronos
tarn kronos
Yes Canada books are listed under cgc census...and are more rare....so this could drive a higher price....would I pay more? maybe. depending...could do...
7/16/2020
Topic:
Are these Golden Age Comics worth restoring?

tarn kronos
tarn kronos
golden age books are faded...and worth karp compared to silver age marvel keys....I say no....I hate restored book...but better yet find a buyer who will buy them from you and restore them....sell................