all messages by user

12/15/2016
Topic:
Help Us Feed the CPG Megacomputer

sargon
sargon
Gilgandra wrote:
sargon wrote:
how do we report mistakes which have already been approved? I noticed that with the prices on some Fitzgerald books (Golden Legacy 1st Print)

Sargon

I just checked them out, No. 1 & 9 are wrong...The rest seem fine (sorry if i missed one)
I've passed it on to be fixed Sargon.
edited by Gilgandra on 12/10/2016

Thanks Gil. Do you want a pm on any others I spot?

Sargon
3/18/2017
Topic:
WHAT'S HOT, WHAT'S NOT

sargon
sargon
Dell Lobo is very undervalued in the guide here. He is considered the "first" African American super-hero and the series si extremely hard to find in any condition.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Westerns/3978/i.html?_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_nkw=dell+lobo

The Lobo prices are pretty consistent.

Sargon
5/14/2017
Topic:
WHAT'S HOT, WHAT'S NOT

sargon
sargon
dmting wrote:
sargon wrote:
Dell Lobo is very undervalued in the guide here. He is considered the "first" African American super-hero and the series si extremely hard to find in any condition.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Westerns/3978/i.html?_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_nkw=dell+lobo

The Lobo prices are pretty consistent.

Sargon

I think the book is considered the 1st book that has an AA character headlining a comic book. Black Panther is still the first African superhero and the Falcon is the first African American superhero.

A book I think is pretty undervalued is Hell Rider #1. In it contains the 1st appearance of the Butterfly who is the first AA super-heroine.

I just picked up the 2 issues of Hell Rider. It is another book which will take off once people grasp the importance of it. I loved the wig the character had.

Sargon
6/15/2019
Topic:
Value updates

sargon
sargon
Ronbatman wrote:
Hey Royal,
The market is fluid and constantly changing. We have all kinds of ways to gather data but sometimes there are blind spots. So we rely on members like you with a specific expertise to point us in the direction of things that need to be changed. You can contact me directly as so many people do at ron (at) comicspriceguide.com. I've separated my email to keep scrappers from using it. I adjusted Archie's Mad House #22 (first Sabrina). Send me more and I'll focus on adjustments for them as well
Ron

Ron

Here are some to look out for:

Dell Lobo both 1 and 2
8/3/2020
Topic:
Error: New Terrytoons 5 Publication Date

sargon
sargon
Publisher: Gold Key
Title: New Terrytoons
Issue: 5

The publication date should be 1969 instead of 1970.

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=197011

Thanks!
8/4/2020
Topic:
Error: Occult Files of Dr. Spektor 14

sargon
sargon
Publication date should be June 1975. Thanks!
8/9/2020
Topic:
Error: Cover for New Funnies 87 & 91

sargon
sargon
These covers are flipped Thanks.
edited by sargon on 8/9/2020
8/11/2020
Topic:
New Funnies 195 Error

sargon
sargon
The publication date for it should be May 1953. Thanks.
12/28/2021
Topic:
Roy Rogers 73

sargon
sargon
Hi

The publication date for this book is incorrect. It should be January 1954

thanks

Sargon
1/1/2022
Topic:
Roy Rogers 73

sargon
sargon
Casper0312 wrote:
Fixed! Thank you
-David

Thank you. I think there is a mistake with Santiago 723. It should be September 1956 instead of 1959. Thanks.