Ohs69grad

all messages by user

2/16/2017
Topic:
Missing Issue - Marvel's Great Collections

Ohs69grad
Ohs69grad
Administrator
Is this a comic book? I thought it just contained pricing information and synopsis for Marvel graphic novels. I wasn't aware that it had actual stories in it.

Jesse
2/16/2017
Topic:
Missing Issue - Marvel's Great Collections

Ohs69grad
Ohs69grad
Administrator
No problem, Ben, I'm not sure when, but at some point CPG decided not to add these types of books to the DB but left the books that were already in the DB.

Thanks for asking the question, though. Sometimes you get a positive answer and sometimes not. If you don't ask the question you will never know. I remember when I first joined the site eight plus years ago, I asked the same questions. I continue to ask questions to the powers that be when I am unsure of something. It is one of the things I like about comic collecting... I learn something new every day.

Jesse
2/24/2017
Topic:
missing title/series: Fables 91

Ohs69grad
Ohs69grad
Administrator
Looks like issue 91 of Fables to me. http://comicspriceguide.com/collection/dc/fables-vertigo/91/wmswos

Jesse
2/25/2017
Topic:
Slip of the Finger

Ohs69grad
Ohs69grad
Administrator
Fixed.

Thanks.

Jesse
3/1/2017
Topic:
Spider-man and the X-men??

Ohs69grad
Ohs69grad
Administrator
Joe is correct. The book is listed according to its indicia. You'll find it here... http://comicspriceguide.com/titles/spider-man-the-x-men/wcxuo

Jesse
3/2/2017
Topic:
Missing Infamous Iron Man #5

Ohs69grad
Ohs69grad
Administrator
Added.
3/5/2017
Topic:
Avatar Press - Hellina Seduction - Preview variant

Ohs69grad
Ohs69grad
Administrator
Added.

Thanks, Timothy.

Jesse
3/5/2017
Topic:
Avatar Press - Hellina Seduction - Preview change

Ohs69grad
Ohs69grad
Administrator
Changed.

Thanks, Timothy.

Jesse
3/5/2017
Topic:
Cover scan for Street Fighter #10

Ohs69grad
Ohs69grad
Administrator
Fixed.

Thanks, Ben.

Jesse
3/5/2017
Topic:
Cover Scan for BATMAN/SUPERMAN: FUTURES END #1A

Ohs69grad
Ohs69grad
Administrator
Fixed.

Thanks, Ben.

Jesse
3/5/2017
Topic:
Incorrect Cover Scan Kings Road #1

Ohs69grad
Ohs69grad
Administrator
I fixed this, Ben, but in the process the creator info was deleted.

Would you mind re-entering that information?

Thanks.

Jesse
3/5/2017
Topic:
Missing Iron Man #200 Variant

Ohs69grad
Ohs69grad
Administrator
Ben, Iron Man 200A was actually the Marvel Legends variant... someone uploaded the incorrect cover (direct edition cover). Iron Man 200 has the newsstand cover. We do not differentiate between direct and newsstand editions unless the cover prices differ or there is a different between the market value of the two covers.

Whoever added 200A to the database identified it as the Marvel Legends edition. I tweaked it some to include that it came with a Marvel Legends Action Figure.

Thanks.

Jesse
3/5/2017
Topic:
Missing Issue Detective Comics #27 special edition

Ohs69grad
Ohs69grad
Administrator
I thought I had added it to the database. I have a copy myself and based the title on the indicia.

Jesse
3/6/2017
Topic:
Missing: Book Two:k Bian's Revenge! Vampyre's Kiss

Ohs69grad
Ohs69grad
Administrator
Misskuma,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. All three volumes of Vampyre's Kiss were messed up. I think I fixed them. Bianca's Revenge, Book Two, was already listed as volume 2. The two covers you had pending review were actually for volume 1, which only had one issue listed. I've added the remaining three issues to volume 1 and you can resubmit your two covers for that title. I've also added comments to all three volumes to make identifying the titles easier.

Thanks.

Jesse
3/6/2017
Topic:
Missing Harley Quinn Special Panini Germany

Ohs69grad
Ohs69grad
Administrator
I've added this title to the database. You'll find it at this link... http://comicspriceguide.com/titles/harley-quinn-special/xorul. If you want to upload your cover, you will have to increase the size of it... at least double the size. It was too small for me to upload.

I found several copies of the variant on the German version of eBay. They have sold anywhere from 6 euros to 40 euros.

Jesse
3/6/2017
Topic:
Mighty Thor Issue #350

Ohs69grad
Ohs69grad
Administrator
No, there was only one printing and no variants. I imagine the discoloration is due to the printing process. Possible the ink well was beginning to run low.

Jesse
3/6/2017
Topic:
Thor 343 and 343A

Ohs69grad
Ohs69grad
Administrator
Unfortunately, I could not swap the covers. However, I was able to upload the correct cover for Issue 343 but am unable to change the cover price to .60 cents (the .75 cover price is in Canadian dollars). I wasn't around when this book was entered into the database but I can see why we no longer list the Canadian versions as variants. It can be very confusing, plus there is no difference in the market value of the book. Both of these books are listed as 4.00 in 9.4 condition.

If you have a book with the .75 cover price, feel free to upload it.

Jesse
3/7/2017
Topic:
Missing: Batman: the blue, the grey, and the bat..

Ohs69grad
Ohs69grad
Administrator
This book is in the database. It just did not have the correct cover scan. I have replaced it.

Thanks.

Jesse
3/7/2017
Topic:
Leave it To Beaver (Four Color) error

Ohs69grad
Ohs69grad
Administrator
Fixed.

Thanks.

Jesse
3/7/2017
Topic:
The Episode Guides the original Star Trek #1-2

Ohs69grad
Ohs69grad
Administrator
Could you provide me with a description of these books. They do not sound like comics. I found a listing for them at mycomicshop.com... http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=172321, but there is no description. I've also looked at two other comic book databases, comics.org and comicbookrealm.com, and they do not list them.

Thanks.

Jesse