Itosukai

all messages by user

2/24/2017
Topic:
Slip of the Finger

Itosukai
Itosukai
While adding info for The Punisher Meets Archie #1, I inadvertently and erroneously entered Barry Grossman as a Letterer. He is the Colorist only.
Sorry for the F-up.
2/24/2017
Topic:
Where Have All the Users Gone

Itosukai
Itosukai
As a fairly new person here, I was definitely attracted to the site for the price guide. I am on many other forums and sadly this is the most desolate forum I have come across in a long time. As I am post crash and I have been hearing of this great upgrade, I am hanging on in hope and anticipation.
I am a paid member (silver) and would really like to enter more of my comics, but .... should I .

I have been entering info at a rapid pace and am also having that irritant happen, known as the Creator is in the Qeue.

Hopefully I can add a small amount of what-not, to this forum.

Cheers !
7/3/2017
Topic:
Why Do YOU Collect Comics?

Itosukai
Itosukai
Great story canesmacker!
For me, it was my Grandma that started me on comics. When I was about 5 yrs old, she started getting me some coverless comics from a thrift shop, a couple a week for a good while.
So I cut my first "comic" tooth on titles like War Stories, Sgt. Rock, Haunted and Superman and a few Amazing Fantasy.
I maintain to this day, that comics were the reason I learned to read as well as I did.

Of course I kept all these comics as I got older, purely sentimental reasons. Then I started to learn about the value of some of these comics of mine.
Imagine the feeling you get when you realize how much your Amazing Fantasy #15 would be worth today if only it had a cover on it, and no store stamp on the first page.
Not much opportunity to collect more once The thrift store closed. It wasn't until the late 80's when I moved to the city, that I amassed the bulk of my 6,000+ collection. Again, I really did miss the train when collecting during the over production period.

I have a few decently valued comics but not many. At almost 50 yrs old now, I don't think I'll be renewing my passion for collecting beyond my few fave titles that I will get until I can no longer read them.

I have all my collection cataloged now (CLZ) and am now looking for the best way to start selling off the bulk of that collection.