CapnDoug

all messages by user

6/9/2016
Topic:
Warcraft

CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator
There will only be a sequel if the movie does well at the box office, and based on other reviews I don't think people will be flocking to it. I've heard it compared to Battlefield Earth.
6/9/2016
Topic:
Adding missing variants?

CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator
I know the front page staff has been adding some, but there are a lot to go through. Some may be mis-identified as already being added. When I get some time, I try to clear out the ones that people just did not know how to search for to make the front page staff's job a bit easier in that regard.
6/20/2016
Topic:
Is the UG Comix forum back?

CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator
The old forums are indeed lost forever. I know that the site staff tried many things to try and recover the forums after the server crash, but they were unsuccessful. But, that means that we have a chance to start a new forum.
6/20/2016
Topic:
Where have all the peoples gone...

CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator
wchever wrote:
Crowman wrote:
I am in agreement with what everyone is saying. The place just does not have the same "feel" as it had before the crash. It is also very frustrating with the lack of upkeep/housekeeping..... or whatever you want to call it. If it is a lack of moderators then maybe the site should advertise for anyone willing to step up?

"They" did that a while back and must have gotten volunteers because CapnDoug is a new moderator. I just wonder how much authority he gets concerning prices and verifications.

I submitted a couple bug reports, not issue issues (I couldn't help myself,) in January with no resolution, so i suspect the coders have day-time jobs.

To give some context, I have zero authority outside the forums. I am more here to make sure that the spam doesn't get out of control and that people do not get too carried away in their debates (though this is a very chill site to moderate).

As for the other issues, I take the concerns to the front page staff (though they do actually check the forums). Sometimes I get a response that I can share publicly, other times I don't. But if a concern gets posted, it does get read at the very least. If something can be done about it, that's a different issue entirely and one that is out of my control.
6/20/2016
Topic:
Can't find an issue? Check here first.

CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator
TheSeki wrote:
the steam engines of oz 1-3 vol 1 and 1-3 vol 2

http://comicspriceguide.com/collection/arcana-studio/arcana-studio-presents-the-steam-engines-of-o/1/xmwvlu

I think that's one of them, though I'm not sure about the second one.
6/20/2016
Topic:

CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator
Sternwheeler wrote:
Looking for:

Lobo Annual #2

...as it appears in indicia.

Thank you.
edited by Sternwheeler on 6/19/2016

http://comicspriceguide.com/collection/dc/lobo/2/ykpv

There is a tab at the top of the Lobo series, that says "Annuals." That is where you will find the Annuals for a series.
6/20/2016
Topic:
2 Covers mixed up (Star trek Starfleet academy)

CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator
It's posted in the correct area. There are many issues on the site waiting to be added or corrected, so patience is required.
6/21/2016
Topic:
Image Puzzle Covers

CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator
I don't know that anyone here has a full answer for you, based on the fact that it has been 8 days and you have not received a answer. Please stop simply posting "bump" to get people's attention.
6/28/2016
Topic:
missing title: Knights of pendragon

CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator
http://comicspriceguide.com/titles/pendragon-marvel-uk/rkyu

It was published by Marvel's UK arm, not in the US
6/28/2016
Topic:

CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator
Wirenut1 wrote:
Looking for amazing Spider-Man annual #15 diamond price 75c . Found square price but not diamond . Any help?

In a lot of cases, that's just a difference between the direct market and the newsstand versions. They are often the same price.
7/4/2016
Topic:
CapnDoug's Back Issue Discoveries

CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator
So, it's been a while since I posted anything. Mostly since it's been a while since I bought anything. But a few weeks ago I had a con where I was selling my duplicates and had a rather good day, selling a fair number of my high value issues (Claremont/Byrne X-Men, for example) and decided to open the wallet. I can't seem to get my scanner to work since, so I can't show off the find, but I picked up Amazing Spider-Man #238 for $80.

The dealer had it listed at $100 and noted that the tattoos were missing (which is fine because if the tattoos were there I would have been very cautious about the repair possibility), still looks like about an 8.0. Might go down to a 7.0, might even go a touch higher, but I'm comfortable at 8.0. Wasn't until I looked up what I actually had in the Overstreet that I realized what was going on. I had bought the Canadian Newsstand variant which did not come with tattoos (at east according to the Overstreet). So, not a bad addition to the collection. One more high value comic crossed off the list.