glorkar

all messages by user

9/25/2020
Topic:
Polybagged comic advice

glorkar
glorkar
Pretty sure you wouldn't be able to get it graded in the bag. They need to verify the book and the condition.
You could buy something like this: Comic Skin Slab It Yourself Kit on eBay
I did a quick search for comic book slab, but there really isn't a while lot out there. At least this one looks to be big enough to close around the book with the bag still on it.
9/25/2020
Topic:
E-Bay Is NOT A Price Guide!!!

glorkar
glorkar
When I'm looking at eBay and trying to figure out what a good price would be, I never look at listing price. There is a filter you can apply that shows sold/completed auctions. That is what people are actually paying. Sometimes you get a good deal, sometimes you over pay. All depends on how bad you want it.
9/26/2020
Topic:

glorkar
glorkar
It can definitely go the other way though.
I picked up a copy of Avengers #1 - John Romita Jr Gatefold Variant for $40. I've yet to get book in hand, but the pics make it look pretty darn perfect. According to cpg, even if it's an 8 it's valued at $150.
9/27/2020
Topic:

glorkar
glorkar
Taskmaster wrote:
So tell me this why do people have to sell ALL Of their books at FULL value or more???

You know how many comic shops I go to that have $1 or less bins and the books in those boxes are $3 or more and in great shape...Even I know you can't sell everything for FULL price...

Agreed. And selling online adds more expense. You have to take into account packing and shipping costs. That's why a lot of current issues that are worth $5 are being sold for $9-$10. If you can't find it locally, you /have/ to pay a bit of a premium.
9/27/2020
Topic:

glorkar
glorkar
Is there a specific issue you're talking about? Chances are if it's a book that's being hyped up because of a movie or something, the price will fall back down after all the masses move on to the next new thing.
A perfect example of that is Incredible Hulk 258 because of the Black Widow movie. CPG puts it at about $3, but everything listed on eBay right now is $10-$30 for midgrade copies.
10/1/2020
Topic:
Good site for print numbers?

glorkar
glorkar
I was wondering if anyone knew of any good sites to look up print numbers. I know know they don't publish the data for everything, but I've seen some sites reference something like "under 30,000 so it's a pretty small run".
With modern variants, it would be nice to know just where that number falls in the grand scheme of things.
10/6/2020
Topic:
Good site for print numbers?

glorkar
glorkar
Some interesting facts there. Go figure that they don't have any numbers for the books I was curious about, lol.
10/6/2020
Topic:
C: numbers... What Do They Mean

glorkar
glorkar
Every so often I'll find books referenced with a c number, for example "C: 0-0-0" or "C: 1-0-0".
What are these numbers referencing?
10/7/2020
Topic:
C: numbers... What Do They Mean

glorkar
glorkar
Thanks. I tried searching, but kept coming up empty handed. Neat info. Doesn't /really/ apply to me then, but now I've got that nugget stored if anyone ever asks me, lol.
10/9/2020
Topic:
J2 #6 - 1st App. Magneta

glorkar
glorkar
Could you add a note to J2 #6 that it is the first appearance of Magneta?
https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/j2-m2/6/piqxoq

Reference:
Marvel.fandom.com
ComicVine
and I own this issue.
10/11/2020
Topic:
121 (one hundred twenty one) 1959-1960 Comics

glorkar
glorkar
This website has a really good walkthrough about grading. You can find it here: CPG Grading Guide.
10/14/2020
Topic:
New Feature and New Blog Post

glorkar
glorkar
Nice little read. I'm curious how the reduced print runs during this pandemic will play into speculation. It's crazy to me to see 4th printings of books that are only a couple months old.
10/15/2020
Topic:
New Feature and New Blog Post

glorkar
glorkar
I was really thinking along the lines of Strange Academy, for example.
First print #1s have a range of $14-$160 (depending on variant). On eBay, it's impossible to find a first print cover A for under $30. Second, third and fourth prints top out at $5. So even though you can easily get your hands on a copy of the book, unless it's a first print it isn't ever going to be worth anything.
Makes you wonder if those first prints will keep going up, or if at some point the market will level out or even crash.
10/15/2020
Topic:
Amazing Spider-Man Volume 3 #4

glorkar
glorkar
With the talk of a new TV show based on Silk, her first full appearance seems to be getting pretty pricey to get your hands on.
Amazing Spider-Man Volume 3 #4

Graded 9.8 Cover A seems to be going for mid-$200s (highest raw just over $200! but average seems to be about $150)
Graded 9.8 Cover B has been going for $800+ (highest raw went for $600! but average seems to be about $450)
10/19/2020
Topic:
Freebies from my Online Comic Store

glorkar
glorkar
Those are indeed some pretty sweet freebies. I can only imagine you dropped a pretty with them if they gave you $100+ worth of books just for the hell of it.
10/25/2020
Topic:
Warhammer 40,000: Revelations #6

glorkar
glorkar
Try as I might, can't seem to find this one. Just want to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious.

Tried the usual search tricks, with and without issue number:
warhammer
warhammer in "any country"
warhammer 40,000
warhammer 40K (really should just pick one and go with it!)
10/25/2020
Topic:

glorkar
glorkar
Yeah. That's a little awkward. It's obviously just issue 6 of warhammer 40,000, but the indicia says it's warhammer 40,000: revelations #6.

Thanks for the assist though smile
10/27/2020
Topic:

glorkar
glorkar
That's the thing though, I don't think Will of Iron is the "master" name of the series. It's just the name of the first of the three mini-series / story arc.
Will of Iron is books 1-4
Revelations is books 5-8
Fallen is books 9-12
10/27/2020
Topic:

glorkar
glorkar
Looks great. Thanks for the effort.
10/28/2020
Topic:
Can't find this

glorkar
glorkar
I'm guessing it's this one here: https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/special-marvel-edition/1/pkwp
The main title is Special Marvel Edition. That is literally the only thing I put in the search box and it was the first result.
1234 ..27