Coconice

all messages by user

6/3/2016
Topic:
Red Lanterns 28

Coconice
Coconice
I'm finally getting around to entering my new books, but the section for Red Lanterns jumps from 27 to 29.

I reloaded, searched again, and did all the general silly things I could think to verify it is not on my end.

Am I the only one that liked Red Lanterns?
6/3/2016
Topic:
Giant-Size Spider-Man #1 (July, 2014)

Coconice
Coconice
I cannot swear that this one is missing, but I've burned about 10 minutes searching for it with no luck.

A search for Giant-Size Spider-Man shows three books that are considerably older.

It is a one shot, the cover says Giant-Size Spider-Man. The verbiage in small print on the inside cover agrees that it is "GIANT-SIZE SPIDER-MAN NO. 1, JULY 2014." The cover price is $4.99 USD.

I'm sorry if I've missed it, but if it is there, it is fairly well hidden. =/
6/3/2016
Topic:
Story Arcs

Coconice
Coconice
I've been in and out of comics for about 35 years, and I jumped back in maybe 3 years ago.

Since then, I've seen Forever Evil, Earth 2 World End, Convergence, and Rebirth.

Back in the day, there was an occasional crossover... Secret Wars and Crisis on Infinite Earths were shattering.

The problem I have is following a story arc.

I do not have a comic store within 100 miles of me. So, I've taken to ordering online in the Preview section.

Then I get a book, and the story is continued in a book I have not ordered. I cannot just stroll down to my store and snag it.

Not a huge deal, I can likely get a copy, but I would have liked to have already ordered it.

Is there some way to get an advance reading order across an entire manufacturer? I've asked several people and a company or two, and I don't feel like it should be this difficult.

What am I doing wrong?
6/3/2016
Topic:
Giant-Size Spider-Man #1 (July, 2014)

Coconice
Coconice
You nailed it. Thanks for the help.

I've been able to find about everything, but this one had me baffled.,

I spent a long time looking for (The) Amazing Spider-Man 1.4, too. It turned out to be 1GGG.

And, the new Doctor Fate says "Doctor" on the cover, but "Dr." in the fine print. Not nice!

Thanks again.
6/5/2016
Topic:
Systematic Value Errors for all Grades below NM

Coconice
Coconice
This may be only loosely related to your post, and rather than dealing with accuracy, it is dealing with an almost excess of specificity.

I've seen several titles today where the graded 10.0 was in the neighborhood of $2000. Everything looks tidy until you glance down at 9.2 and 9.0. Those values are like $179.20.

I understand that for cheap books, maybe the cents are important, but 2 dimes on a $200 book just don't matter.

It would be nice if cents were truncated over a certain dollar figure. Like as low as $10, even.
6/6/2016
Topic:
Story Arcs

Coconice
Coconice
Thanks for your reply.

What they do certainly makes sense from their side, but it isn't terribly helpful for someone in my situation.

I tend to buy 30+ titles per month and then go maybe 6 months without reading anything. When I finally get to it, I find that I have parts 1,3,5,6,7, & 9 of a 10 part story.

Ahh well. Now that I've started using an online store, I can go back and fill in the missing books if I need to.

Thanks again.
6/23/2016
Topic:
Red Lanterns 28

Coconice
Coconice
I did track this down. Issue #28 is a flip cover between Green Lantern & Red Lanterns.

The fine print inside the book calls the title Green Lantern / Red Lanterns #28. This book is listed as a regular issue of the Green Lantern title, and the Red Lanterns title goes from 27 to 29.

It is my opinion that it should also be listed in the Red Lanterns title with the back cover shown.
7/12/2016
Topic:
Hellina #2 Costume Change Set

Coconice
Coconice
This issue is in the guide with several cover variants, but the six issue Costume Change Set is missing.

The Costume Change Set was included correctly for Hellina #1, so I feel this is an oversight.

A link to all 6 issues can be found here. Two of the covers contain nudity, but they are censored on this link.

Thanks!
edited by Coconice on 7/12/2016
7/13/2016
Topic:
Why are so few missing issues being added?

Coconice
Coconice
I also like the site. I'd add the missing issues myself if I could.

This is a handy way to keep track of inventory.

Arguably, comic books are dying a slow death...
8/15/2016
Topic:
Limited issues of The Ravening and Hellina

Coconice
Coconice
I'm curious how it works with limited issue books.

I have some copes of The Ravening #1 and Hellina #1,2,3 that were available as Kickstarter issues as well as some more widely available issues of Hellina.

On 7/12/2016, I posted a link to the more widely available issues of Hellina #2, and that has not been addressed.

What I'm wondering is:
1. Are limited releases sometimes not addressed?
2. What is an expected turn around here for having the issue addressed.
3. When can one expect that issues will simply not be added?

It is weird to me because the issues I submitted on 7/12 for Hellina #2 were present for Hellina #1. Also, generally books that are only available at certain comicons tend to turn up.

I do use this site for my inventory, so I'd at least like to be able to script these issues in somehow, pending - if ever - their inclusion.
edited by Coconice on 8/15/2016
5/3/2017
Topic:
Volatile Uncanny X-Men prices

Coconice
Coconice
I keep my books on CPG to have a handy, offsite inventory and to see price changes.

I pulled up My Collection today, and there was a ton of movement, both up and down, in my 1980s X-Men issues.

What is up with all the sudden price wiggling? I don't follow stories or buy books anymore, but seeing #138 be down $20 got my attention. Is there something hinky with the story line?

Did some genius come along and say, "It was all a dream..."

I'd post a snip, but I'm not going to move the image to a host, so, take my word for it! The movement on my listed was from issues 129 to 144, and then several from 201-222.

Is someone hating on Dark Phoenix?
5/6/2017
Topic:
Volatile Uncanny X-Men prices

Coconice
Coconice
I can accept "price correction" as a reason for the change.

I thought there must have been some industry event that was being reflected.

I remember over 20 years ago when I bought my copy of X-Force #1 being disappointed because it had the Deadpool card. Now, I guess I'm happy that I have that card.

And, Arrow, the Flash, Supergirl, Steel on the DC set have sure changed the values of a lot of my 1970s-80s book. Didn't hurt the value of Action #252 I bought at a garage sale for a dime!