Why are so few missing issues being added? Messages in this topic - RSS

rperryx2000
rperryx2000

7/12/2016

rperryx2000
rperryx2000
I am not understanding why so few issues are being added to the website. Prior to the "crash", it would be one week at most two weeks before a new issue was added or you at least heard back regarding your request. Now, you are lucky to even hear back about the issue you requested to be added at all. I personally have six books with requests to be added dating back to January and I have not even got a message back about any of them. There are nearly three hundred requests and less then a quarter of those have been resolved.

Whats going on?
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

7/12/2016

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Site might be dying a slow death....or less people working for the site to do the work you are asking for.....or both.
+1 link
rperryx2000
rperryx2000

7/13/2016

rperryx2000
rperryx2000
I hope this site doesn't die. It is one of the best comic book sites that I know of. There are not enough of these sites.
+1 link
stephanm
stephanm

7/13/2016

stephanm
stephanm
It would be very sad indeed, but unfortunately the errors keep compounding these last few months, in many areas. I really hope it is just an intermittent problem. I agree, it is one of the best comic sites around. The basic premise of being a more up-to-date & more realistic competitor to Overstreet is an excellent one.
+1 link
Coconice
Coconice

7/13/2016

Coconice
Coconice
I also like the site. I'd add the missing issues myself if I could.

This is a handy way to keep track of inventory.

Arguably, comic books are dying a slow death...
0 link
stephanm
stephanm

7/14/2016

stephanm
stephanm
well, I hope not. Compared to the outsider status they had, when I was a kid, I think comic books are doing extremely well, as a hobby.
The problem with this site might be that it's not generating enough money, and can't afford the staff to keep it in order.
Comics being added by users might be a good idea (it works well for IMDB, the Internet Movie Database, which is, by now, enormous). But it would go chaotic unless everything was vetted by staff (on IMDB, while users enter the data, it only goes "live" once it has been checked by IMDB staff). And there are things here, that users can't do -- namely, set the collectors' values.
I really hope it is only an intermittent problem, and CPG get their act back together. It's not just the missing new issues, but also the price changes, which have been consistently mishandled all year.
+1 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

7/14/2016

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Yes it is a great site to use and as others said hope it keeps going on.
0 link