generalgrog

all messages by user

3/4/2020
Topic:
Wolverine 1 (2020) and larger books corner split

generalgrog
generalgrog
Hi, I’m back in the hobby and my wolverine #1 is perfect except for the corners splitting from being too large. I also noticed this on my amazing spider Man (798?)that was Oversized.
A couple of questions:
Is this a common defect in these double sized issues? Does CGC take that into account when they grade? Is it possible to get a 9.8 grade with corner splits if it’s common to the book?

Thnx,
GG
4/9/2020
Topic:
Wolverine 1 (2020) and larger books corner split

generalgrog
generalgrog
Yeah, I just went through and looked through a few wolverine 1's (2020) CGC 9.8, and they all have the same corner split, so it appears that CGC does indeed make exceptions if a defect is common to a particular book. I'm sure this isn't universal, and they take a book by book approach to this.
edited by generalgrog on 4/9/2020
edited by generalgrog on 4/9/2020
1/4/2022
Topic:
Whatnot auction site

generalgrog
generalgrog
I haven’t posted in a long while, but wanted to start a discussion if there allready isn’t one about what not.
I have purchased a few books from different sellers on what not, and I have to report that I have not had great luck with
The results. About 90% of the books I have purchased are way over graded and most of them show the books inside the bags so you have to “trust” what the seller is telling you.

There is no way of getting your money back like you could
On eBay.

Just wondering if you all have had similar results/ experiences.

GG
edited by Generalgrog on 1/4/2022