Whatnot auction site Messages in this topic - RSS

generalgrog
generalgrog

1/4/2022

generalgrog
generalgrog
I haven’t posted in a long while, but wanted to start a discussion if there allready isn’t one about what not.
I have purchased a few books from different sellers on what not, and I have to report that I have not had great luck with
The results. About 90% of the books I have purchased are way over graded and most of them show the books inside the bags so you have to “trust” what the seller is telling you.

There is no way of getting your money back like you could
On eBay.

Just wondering if you all have had similar results/ experiences.

GG
edited by Generalgrog on 1/4/2022
0 link
Xvipah73
Xvipah73

1/4/2022

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
Sounds pretty similar to a lot of what I've seen from IG sales. Some are amazing and trustworthy, but quite a few definitely overgrade. I haven't used whatnot yet, though I've been seeing it for a bit gaining momentum.

I guess it's much like anything, stick with well known, trusted, sellers if you can.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

1/5/2022

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
The "live" experience is one of the key to what they are doing. It feels more fun than a traditional auction. They are also hiring multiple YouTubers to promote their business which is really helping them.

I haven't bought anything there but I am talking with someone from there today. I'll ask about the money-back issue you have Generalgrog.
Ron
0 link
Fnaf
Fnaf

5/9/2022

Fnaf
Fnaf
I suppose it's similar to everything else: if possible, stay with well-known, reputable vendors.
edited by ronbatman on 5/9/2022
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

5/9/2022

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
It's not cool to hide a link with white font, Fnaf. Don't spam links and I won't ban you.
+1 link