joeybuddy96

all messages by user

3/8/2016
Topic:
Plastic or waterproof comic storage boxes

joeybuddy96
joeybuddy96
I can't find any plastic containers (and no, plastic corrugated doesn't count) that are designed to fit comics. I figure it would be around 7.5" to 8" in interior width, 11" in interior height at minimum, and long enough to hold at least 100 comics or more. BCW's standard long boxes are 27 1/2 x 7 1/2 x 11, their graded boxes are 13" in height. The length measurement isn't relevant. The box can be shorter or longer and it would just require buying more boxes if it's too short. A 15" w x 11" h x whatever box would work too, you'd just have to insert some kind of center divider lengthwise, and that wouldn't have to be plastic. If anyone finds a box like that, seems like the company would generate a healthy revenue from the niche market.
3/20/2016
Topic:

joeybuddy96
joeybuddy96
The first box listed might work if I were to put a short BCW box inside of it. The point of a box that matches the book's dimensions is so that it isn't bouncing around loose in the box and getting dinged up.

Storing books on their spine side or on the open side is a bad idea for any type of book. It puts a strain on the binding. The corrugated plastic I was referring to is cardboard with a plastic laminate. It's way lighter and less durable than regular plastic.
3/20/2016
Topic:
What do I do with a Limited collector's set?

joeybuddy96
joeybuddy96
I have this thing:
Limited Collector's Set--The Return of Superman?!; all first printings!

http://www.amazon.com/Limited-Collectors-Return-Superman-Comics/dp/B000MN4TOI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458453368&sr=8-1&keywords=return+of+superman+limited+collector%27s+set

It's still in the shrink wrap.

I don't know what to do with it. I'd like to take out all the issues and put them into my general collection alphabetically. I don't collect cards and I do my best to get rid of them as soon as they come into my possession. I could try listing them on eBay, but based on my previous selling record, I might just go to my local comic book store and say, "please, for the love of Stan Lee, take these stupid cards from me."
The only thing keeping me from tearing it open is that it might lose some value from the original shrink wrap (including the fancy sticker and insert) being removed.
4/23/2016
Topic:

joeybuddy96
joeybuddy96
Thank you for the replies everyone, especially oxbladder and kds_comics. I bought a couple more long cardboard boxes from my local comic book store, The Great Escape. I plan on keeping my comics in Ultra Pro sleeves and backers in the cardboard boxes. If I move to a house with nearby pipes or in a floodplain, I can buy some plastic bins to put them inside of until the bad weather has passed.
4/23/2016
Topic:
Titling convention of Teen Titans Go! FCBD iss.

joeybuddy96
joeybuddy96
http://comicspriceguide.com/titles/scooby-doo-team-up-teen-titans-go-fcbd-specia/vjvrj
The interior credits are on the Scooby-Doo side.

The interior lists Teen Titans Go! first, then Scooby-Doo Team-Up below it as follows:
Teen Titans Go! FCBD Special Edition 1
Scooby-Doo! Team-up FCBD Special Edition 1
The barcode is on the Scooby-Doo side. It seems to me that Teen Titans Go! should be first in the entry for the issue.