gregbrookins

all messages by user

4/6/2016
Topic:
Greg's Collection Corner

gregbrookins
gregbrookins
I'm still trying to decide if I want to do news stand/direct variant runs or just first come first serve. Price variants is another thing I haven't thought about either....more to think on.
4/6/2016
Topic:
Instruction Set for Addding Pictures to Forum Post

gregbrookins
gregbrookins
I use imgur with a positive result. Upload image to imgur(no account required) and the copy/paste the code for BB(forum code). Works every time for me.
4/6/2016
Topic:
That moment when...

gregbrookins
gregbrookins
You pay way more than you wanted to for book on ebay....
Went to click preset bid at like 22 and it refreshed at the exact moment....39 bucks later, I own a low grade FF 46.
4/6/2016
Topic:
That moment when...

gregbrookins
gregbrookins
Still should be under guide, so not a total loss. I just wasn't planning a buy like that today lol.
4/6/2016
Topic:
NCBD 4/6

gregbrookins
gregbrookins
Picked up some cool books from the LCS today. I scanned the covers for your viewing pleasure:

Pretty sick Black Panther cover.

Didn't even know this was coming out, but I saw the cover and grabbed it.

My very first Star Wars book. Something about the cover called out to me.

And my beloved Silver Surfer has been delayed yet another week.....
edited by gregbrookins on 4/6/2016
4/6/2016
Topic:
Greg's Collection Corner

gregbrookins
gregbrookins
I picked up a fun run of these out of the dollar bin today:

Got 1-4. And timely with the Apoc tie-in. All are vf/nm.

and my earliest FF to date:
4/7/2016
Topic:
i have some comics i was hoping to appraise.

gregbrookins
gregbrookins
I've found that being specific is bad here. Search the title vaguely with an issue number, more likely to get results. For instance off your list, x-factor just search "x factor" no hyphen, it will pull up all x factor titles, if you have an issue number, it will pull up all x factor titles with that issue number. Much easier than trying to be super specific.
4/11/2016
Topic:
Epic Auction find!

gregbrookins
gregbrookins
I think the cover cut was when they didn't sell an issue. They could mail the cut portion of the cover back to distributor for a rebate. Technically suppose to have discarded of those after that, but I imagine it happened a lot.
4/15/2016
Topic:
New Comic Book Day(Belated)

gregbrookins
gregbrookins
I didn't get to the shop on Wednesday and I'm paying for it now. I got my month late Silver Surfer 3 but they were sold out of Batman/TMNT already...blech.
5/16/2016
Topic:
Greg's Collection Corner

gregbrookins
gregbrookins
Well I officially have a magazine sub. My first ever. Good timing with Civil War II and Rebirth. Lots of new goodies to check out smile
5/17/2016
Topic:
Ruk's list-Who has the best collection

gregbrookins
gregbrookins
My wee baby collection:

5/17/2016
Topic:
Greg's Collection Corner

gregbrookins
gregbrookins
Got my first graded books from CGC, 1 not bad, 1 terrible... lol. FF 56 came back 7.5 which isn't too bad, and Thor 193 which came back at 5.5....blech. Somehow i missed the staining on the bottom....oh well.
5/23/2016
Topic:
Ruk's list-Who has the best collection

gregbrookins
gregbrookins
Update for me:

My Collection
  • My Display Case
    /gregbrookins
  • Gold Member
  • Issues: 751
  • Value: $8,794.40
5/24/2016
Topic:
Heroes Con

gregbrookins
gregbrookins
Just thought I'd see if anyone else had plans on attending? I'm only 2 hours away so I'll be there Saturday, maybe Sunday(depends how Saturday goes). This will be my first convention ever. I'm pretty excited and I plan on bringing my 11 year old son with me. I've recently gotten him interested in comics.
5/26/2016
Topic:
help with pricing

gregbrookins
gregbrookins
http://comicspriceguide.com/collection/marvel/amazing-spider-man/641/vhyvbv#_variantTab

All covers for that issue are there, you can select the appropriate one to view the value at 9.8.
5/26/2016
Topic:
That Jerk's Stuff

gregbrookins
gregbrookins
I have a hard time going over 20 a book most times. The one exception, I spent about 100 bucks on FF 48, but I had to there.
5/26/2016
Topic:
Greg's Collection Corner

gregbrookins
gregbrookins
I just bought the Serenity "Leaf on the wind" gn. Pretty sizeable book and hardcover, on Amazon for 12 bucks with prime shipping. So far it's really nice, great art and the story picks up right where the movie ended!
5/26/2016
Topic:
That Jerk's Stuff

gregbrookins
gregbrookins
Yeah, i don't own that one yet (52). It's on the list, but prices are climbing, that and 45....
5/26/2016
Topic:
That Jerk's Stuff

gregbrookins
gregbrookins
Yeah, my wife gets mad about my 4 boxes and looses stacks lol.
5/27/2016
Topic:
Greg's Collection Corner

gregbrookins
gregbrookins
Got bored at lunch and went to the LCS. Picked up the new DD/Punisher. Art looks fantastic! and the story (what I read briefly was well done also).