cfarrow2112

all messages by user

5/19/2018
Topic:
How are the comic values determined?

cfarrow2112
cfarrow2112
Hello,
I'm relatively new to comic book collecting. I've just started purchasing some CGC graded comics as an investment opportunity.
How accurate are the graded values posted in this database? How are they determined and maintained?
Is this database considered the best on the internet?
Thanks!
5/21/2018
Topic:
Color status location on CGC graded comics

cfarrow2112
cfarrow2112
Hello,
I've noticed that on CGC graded comics, the color status (ie "White Pages" or "White to Off White pages"...) is sometimes underneath the numeric grade on the left hand side sticker... and sometimes its in the center under the comic title.
Is there any reason for this? Did they just update the "Template" at some point and that's why I'm seeing these variations?
Thanks!
5/21/2018
Topic:
Color status and value

cfarrow2112
cfarrow2112
Hello,
Now that I have been introduced to some of the industry standard auction and exchange websites, I've noticed that it seems as graded comics that are described as "White" always get a higher price than comics that are "white to off white"...even when the numeric rating is exactly the same. Why is that?
While I know that "white" signifies a better color characteristic, I have to assume that a comic that has the same exact rating that does not have a "white" color status must have some characteristic that is better than the "white" comic....such that the 2 characteristics effectively "neutralize" and therefore gather the same overall rating.
Can someone help me and explain this?
Thanks!