rowden

all messages by user

1/15/2016
Topic:
What happened to the old forums?

rowden
rowden
Been checking (on and off) for a while now. Glad yer back!
I'm saddened by the loss of all that material though (MY COMIC CON THREADS!! NOOO!!).
Guess we all start over sometime...
2/3/2016
Topic:
Cos-Losseum 2016

rowden
rowden
San Diego had it's first cosplay convention just this last week and here's some pics...

2/3/2016
Topic:
Cos-Losseum 2016

rowden
rowden
More....

2/3/2016
Topic:
Cos-Losseum 2016

rowden
rowden

2/3/2016
Topic:
Cos-Losseum 2016

rowden
rowden
Wish I was able to take more pics, but my nephew (shown in some of the pics) and my booth kept me pretty occupied.
2/3/2016
Topic:
Did you keep your old username?

rowden
rowden
Hi all!
I have returned! (...crickets...) ahem, anyway, seems the name was all I get to keep.
Was ALL the old site info lost?
2/3/2016
Topic:
Rob Liefeld walking dead covers

rowden
rowden
More Rob Liefeld Walking Dead #1 covers Twitchy
The Walking Dead #1 Madison Comic Con VIP Exclusive Variant Sketch Cover by Rob Liefeld

Wizard World exclusive The Walking Dead #1 variant cover
2/4/2016
Topic:
Cos-Losseum 2016

rowden
rowden
jokerbangedquinn wrote:
Great to hear you spent your time there with your nephew. What stuff was in your booth, books, and figures? Did you do well selling? Thanks for posting photos.

My nephew was an absolute nightmare to control.
My stuff was toys, t-shirts, some pops and pocket watches (big seller with the cosplay crowd. Go figure)
Did pretty well, after booth rental, paying the help and hotel. I'll do it again next year.
2/19/2016
Topic:
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly -Comic book reviews

rowden
rowden
Hi folks!
In the old forums we had a long running thread of comic book reviews. Sadly, I've yet to see the return of our ol' buddy Tex. So, I'm gonna start the new review thread myself and hope the rest of you jump in with your own book reviews.

Let's start off with a simple one that just came out. Daughters of the Dark Oracle - Orgy of the Vampires

I say simple, because it is.
Easy to follow basic killer vampire kills everyone story. NOT FOR KIDS!!
The 'story' is about a female vampire interrupted during the process of making another vamp by the mob of pitchfork and torch carrying villagers. They kill her lesser vampire slave and she goes on a rampage, killing everyone in the village.
Oh yeah, she's nude for the entire book. NOT FOR KIDS!!
The art is black and white, as well as pretty great (GRAPHIC!!). So, that's a plus...

The Good: It's the basic vampires are very bad news story. Not one of those vampires are sparkly, emotionally touchy feeling, type you would understand, if you took time to get to know them.

The Bad: Same as the good. The story serves no purpose but to have massive amounts of killing and nudity. But, if that's your thing, there is no bad.
2/19/2016
Topic:

rowden
rowden
OK
Hopefully that get's the ol ball rolling.
Feel free to jump in and add your 2 cents.
3/30/2016
Topic:

rowden
rowden
Next up:
G.I.Joe -Deviations- by IDW

The skinny- IDW is going some one-shot "What if" type books.
Here Cobra has wiped the floor with the Joes and now rule the world. The world is now a model of efficiency, with the trains/planes and buses all on time, medical care, food problems dealt with, crime almost non-existent, war is a thing of the past and everyone is quite happy with life. Well...almost everyone.
Cobra Commander, has spent so much of his life in pursuit of the world, he doesn't know how to act now that he has it. He never had actually considered he would win and it's DRIVING HIM EVEN MORE CRAZY!
What to do, what to do?
The GOOD:
1) It's G.I.Joe!
2) It's a "what if" story that any Joe fan has had cross their minds. It answers the question of what happens if COBRA were actually competent about how they use one of those great high-tech devices. You know how you always say "I would have done this..." when you watched the cartoons? They DID THAT in this story!!
3) It doesn't take itself too serious, even during the serious parts. It's a fun read.

The BAD: I got nothin...oh wait! The ending left me SERIOUSLY wanting more. But, it's a one-shot upset