Godlike1

all messages by user

1/8/2016
Topic:
Which service to use?

Godlike1
Godlike1
I would add if you don't live in the US CBCS is brutal on return shipping (this was back in april last year so may have changed since) got a shipping quote from CGC they would have charged me 40% of what CBCS charged me.

Found the service outside of that excellent and was really happy with the books though smile
3/21/2016
Topic:
Avengers Standoff Assault on Pleasant Hill Variant

Godlike1
Godlike1
01. TITLE:
AVENGERS STANDOFF: ASSAULT ON PLEASANT HILL ALPHA
http://comicspriceguide.com/collection/marvel/avengers-standoff-assault-on-pleasant-hill-al/xhxqc#_pricing

02. PUBLISHER:
Marvel

03. COUNTRY PUBLISHED: USA
04. COUNTRY PRINTED: USA
=====================================================
05. ISSUE #: 1E (Premiere Variant)
06. COVER PRICE: 4.99
07. DATE: March 2 2016
08. ISSUE NOTES: Premiere Variant limited to 2 per store
09. PRINT RUN not sure
10. ISBN/ISSN# not sure
11. URL TO COVER SCAN best one i could find
http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/LiveData/Issue.aspx?id=51c2fd53-1186-4009-9239-116b42671699
6/8/2016
Topic:
Adding missing variants?

Godlike1
Godlike1
Hey team

I am just wondering what sort of time frame there is on updating missing variant covers? I've posted in this thread and used the missing variant button in the relevant issues but no luck and that was 2 months ago.

Something I thought might be useful is when you add a new cover using the button that the request is logged as if you have made a request to add an artist/writer/editor etc etc then at least it's easier to track than checking back every couple of weeks

If it matters for the answer I added 2 premiere variants 1 for poe dameron #1 and 1 for avengers: assault on pleasanthill alpha

Cheers
10/4/2016
Topic:
Help Us Feed the CPG Megacomputer

Godlike1
Godlike1
Hey there
I have a question on how the verification system actually works so far from what I can see your member rank seems to determine the amount of points you attribute to a item being correct or not correct,
So as I currently have a member rank of 4 then 4 points get attributed to that piece of data that I see is correct (hopefully I'm right so far smile )
It would appear each piece of data requires x amount of points to be verified however I can't seem to find anything that tells me how many points are required for something to be deemed correct?
Or have I got it all wrong? haha
Also cool too see something like this in place as it certainly puts perspective on how much of back log there really is.
thanks in advance
Phil
10/29/2016
Topic:
Wolverine '95

Godlike1
Godlike1
When you search for a book at the top of the page you cn select "monthly" "annual" etc in wolverine volume one just choose annual smile

http://comicspriceguide.com/collection/marvel/wolverine/1995/rmts
12/29/2016
Topic:
Incorrect Cover Scan

Godlike1
Godlike1
Hey Team

Spider-man issue #11 from this weeks releases has a cover scan for Spider-man/deadpool #12 also from this weeks releases

I figure you will already have that somewhere as you are very handy at getting those new comics up smile

And have a great new year!

Cheers
1/20/2017
Topic:
My ranking has gone down a level.

Godlike1
Godlike1
this also happened for me as well I went from 6 > 5?
1/11/2018
Topic:
Problems with new design

Godlike1
Godlike1
Hi there
I have noticed some bugs with the add new comics option I use this list when I get my pulls for the week however for the last few weeks (pre update as well to be fair) the list stops normally at around the letter G.

You also can't select the letters at the top this seems to bring up no results

The issues are in the guide itself just seem to not be pulled in to the new comics list, would be great if this was working smile
1/19/2018
Topic:
Problems with new design

Godlike1
Godlike1
Godlike1 wrote:
Hi there
I have noticed some bugs with the add new comics option I use this list when I get my pulls for the week however for the last few weeks (pre update as well to be fair) the list stops normally at around the letter G.

You also can't select the letters at the top this seems to bring up no results

The issues are in the guide itself just seem to not be pulled in to the new comics list, would be great if this was working smile

This is still happening for me list stops at "L" as of right now.if I search or click any letters beyond L I get no results
5/3/2018
Topic:
The New Comics Price Guide App

Godlike1
Godlike1
Is there a plan to make this available to all countries? I live in new Zealand and Google store tells me it isn't available in my country.

Really keen to get the app!
8/6/2018
Topic:
Recent value changes bug?

Godlike1
Godlike1
Hi team

I've noticed that when you click and see the summary of the books you own without clicking through to the full list that it only shows value changes in raw books.

An example is recently there have been a number of updates, 3 books I own in the recent ones are omega men 3, infinity wars prime and uxm 142 the 1st 2 I have raw that last one is graded and that's the only difference I can spot.

I did notice this in the past as well not sure if this an intentional thing or just could be impacting me. But never the less thought I would flag 😊

Thanks in advance
Phil
8/6/2018
Topic:
WHATS GOING ON WITH INCORRECT PRICING!?

Godlike1
Godlike1
Ronbatman wrote:
We are constantly updating prices for the site, currently, about 150 books are on the recent value changes. https://comicspriceguide.com/value-changes/ Ask anyone, I will research any book that you think is off (too high or too low). We take that part of our job very seriously.

We looked at one of our competitors yesterday who had a key silver age book at $72,000 raw. We have the book listed at $40,000 graded. That's a huge difference. Based on the market, they are taking some heavy drugs or inflating prices to attract dreamers. There is no external data to support that number.

Ron

Is there a formal process for flagging books we may think could do with a look? I actually have a number of variants in my collection think are priced too high haha
3/4/2019
Topic:
Image series the old guard seems to be heating up

Godlike1
Godlike1
Looks like possibly optioned for a Netflix series issue 1 is going for between $20-$30 according to Ebay sold listings
3/24/2019
Topic:
GSX 1 lower grade prices seem low

Godlike1
Godlike1
Hi, I've noticed that the lower grades for Giant sized X-men 1 seem to be off Cgc 3's & 4's seem to going for over $500 in the Ebay sold listings.
Here is a CGC 6.5 going for $2100
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Giant-Size-X-Men-1-CGC-6-5-Off-White-White-Pages/173874350915?hash=item287bb80b43:g:T5EAAOSwaXVctRse
Here is a CGC 5 going for over $1000
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1975-MARVEL-GIANT-SIZE-X-MEN-1-1ST-APPEARANCE-COLOSSUS-STORM-CGC-5-0-WHITE-BOX4/163632023512?hash=item26193a87d8:g:-1gAAOSwbaxcpOhp

Might be worth a look smile
edited by Godlike1 on 4/18/2019
4/16/2019
Topic:
Bug in the new comics page?

Godlike1
Godlike1
HI there

I've noticed this for a few weeks and it seems to be across multiple devices and Browsers
I use the new comics feature every week to add in my new books however every time I go in to that page it doesn't recognise that I own any books that I have already added.
This stands out more when there is still books from last week I taken some screen shots for an example to hopefully make it a bit clearer
Screen 1: Age of X-man: Apocalypse and the X-tracts is showing a I own "0" issues ( I loaded this last Friday)

If I click through it clearly shows I own it

Also in the recently added

Just wanted to flag this in case you were not aware

Cheers
Phil
4/16/2019
Topic:
Bug in the new comics page?

Godlike1
Godlike1
Ronbatman wrote:
This issue has been fixed now.

Thanks! super speedy response and fix smile
4/16/2019
Topic:
Dead Man Logan issue #6

Godlike1
Godlike1
Just flagging as it came out last week doesn't looked to be added yet
4/18/2019
Topic:
GSX 1 lower grade prices seem low

Godlike1
Godlike1
Bump for attention smile
7/18/2019
Topic:
X-Men #1 1963 going for more than guide

Godlike1
Godlike1
This book has been getting more and more expensive since the fox Disney deal but from what I can tell in some instances for the lower grades seem well off

https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-MEN-1-Marvel-Comics-1963-CGC-4-5-1st-Appearance-Professor-X-Cyclops-Magneto/362668118889?hash=item5470b45369:g:-e0AAOSw-sZc9afd
4.5 going for $6,600
https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Men-1-Marvel-1963-CGC-1-8-Rest-Origin-1st-App-X-Men-and-Magneto-Stan-Lee/223581378182?hash=item340e7d1686:g:ZOoAAOSwbuddJTjD
A restored 1.8 going for a little of $2,000

Cheers
Phil
edited by Godlike1 on 7/18/2019
8/6/2019
Topic:
X-Men #1 1963 going for more than guide

Godlike1
Godlike1
Bump for attention smile