TitanessJen

all messages by user

5/11/2017
Topic:
So You Want to Sell Your Comics?

TitanessJen
TitanessJen
So if you've got a bunch of comics, and most are forgettable at best, do you still compile the entire list when sending them off to someone to purchase? Or do you show a 'sampling'? Most of these sites ask for an excel file with the comics sorted by character and then list issue numbers...I'm wondering if I should really include all 87 issues of Groo in there with my Adventure Into Fear...hahahaha! Any advice is appreciated!
9/4/2017
Topic:
Epic Comics/ A1 Book 1

TitanessJen
TitanessJen
Ok..the search feature on this site doesn't work unless you enter at least 3 characters. Which is difficult with a 2 character title, to say the least! So I tried looking by publisher- nada. The listing currently in the database for A1 Volume 1 Issue One shows a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT cover than what I have. Help?
9/4/2017
Topic:
To Grade Or Not To Grade?

TitanessJen
TitanessJen
Hi folks! I'm sitting on about 700 comics, mostly from the 80s, but a few neat ones, some in the .15-.25 cover price area. After doing a lot of research about grading, I can safely say that about 95% of my books are 9.4 or better. The graded value is almost always double the raw value, especially on the older ones, but a few people I've talked to (potential buyers actually) have told me that grading is a waste of money. Are they being sincere or trying to screw me out of getting a better price? I'm looking at a difference of 3-5k in profit and don't want to regret not having them graded before selling. Thabks in advance!