Fleazz

all messages by user

3/14/2017
Topic:
So, I am ready to liquidate portions of my collect

Fleazz
Fleazz
As indicated I am preparing to liquidate portions of my duplicate collection...

It has been in a time capsule for 30+ years. My issues from the 40's and 50's are spotty, but the sixties and the seventies are full and in amazing condition. I am moving forward slowly. Please don't tsunami me with questions about what I have, I do not want to play shark feeding frenzy. I am reaching out for friendly pearls of wisdom as I move forward. My collection is "raw", meaning that I have not CGC'ed yet. Though I must admit that my Silver Surfer #4 graded at ( 9.6) $4000.00 is motivating me to consider it. The Bulk of my collection is Silver Age. I was far to generous with the first group I toyed with to gain insight into the current market and get a feel for current collector behavior. Fortunately I am blessed to not be under any pressure to sell. I would rather sell to a genuine collector, a purest exclusively looking to acquire my books for their collection and not resell them for a profit.

Any suggestions ???

Regards,
Paul
3/15/2017
Topic:
So, I am ready to liquidate portions of my collect

Fleazz
Fleazz
Thank you for the suggestions. I prefer to keep my books raw, and those that I keep will be till death. But the dilemma that I am presented with is best exhibited by Silver Surfer #4 (9.6) raw = $2000.00. But then the very same issue books at $4000.00 slabbed.

Regards,
Paul
3/29/2017
Topic:
Berni Wrightson: A Look Back...A rare volumn

Fleazz
Fleazz
Thirty years back I bought a beautiful sleeved book titled "Berni Wrightson: A Look Back." It also says on the book, "The Land of Enchantment" The sleeve and book are maroon in color. The Book is signed and numbered 205 of 250 by Wrightson himself; I researched his signature. I cannot find another one of the original 250 on the worldwide web. The name Xavisa is on the book too.

Any thoughts on this matter ???

Thank You,
Paul