Frontzie

all messages by user

1/4/2016
Topic:
Need help on identifying signature

Frontzie
Frontzie
I was browsing at my local comic mart a couple of months ago, and picked up a copy of Shi vs. Tomoe #1 with a signature on it cheaply for 50p. A few of my friends reckon that the signature is from the writer, Billy Tucci, but I'm not too sure. Can anyone help me whose signature this is?

Thanks,
edited by Frontzie on 1/4/2016

Edit: Picture was MA-HOOS-IVE when in-line with text, you may have to download the attachment. Sorry.

edited by Frontzie on 1/4/2016
1/5/2016
Topic:
WHAT'S HOT, WHAT'S NOT

Frontzie
Frontzie
CIVIL WAR #1 - As soon as the movie comes out, prices will be a bit higher than they are now, but after the movie comes out I reckon it'll drop back to previous values.
1/6/2016
Topic:
Any Graphic Novel Recommendations?

Frontzie
Frontzie
Try some of Alan Moore's material. Watchmen, V for Vendetta and From Hell are brilliant reads. Some of them are in the DC imprint.
2/24/2016
Topic:
Fight Club 2 #9

Frontzie
Frontzie
Title: Fight Club 2
Missing Issues: 9
Publisher: Dark Horse
Publication Years: 2015-Current
Cover Price: $3.99

Cover scan:
3/13/2016
Topic:
Trojan: Alpha (Graphic Novel)

Frontzie
Frontzie
01. TITLE: Trojan: Alpha
02. PUBLISHER: Reaper Comics
03. COUNTRY PUBLISHED: United Kingdom
04. COUNTRY PRINTED: United Kingdom
=====================================================
05. ISSUE #: N/A
06. COVER PRICE: $19.95/£12.95
07. DATE: February 2012
08. ISSUE NOTES: N/A
09. PRINT RUN (If Known or Listed): N/A
10. ISBN/ISSN# (If Listed): 978-0-9566860-2-2
11. URL TO COVER SCAN: https://imgur.com/kMoUmV3 (Signed by writer Baden Mellonie)
7/11/2016
Topic:
I regret buying comic lots on eBay...

Frontzie
Frontzie
I bought a few comics lots over the weekend on a whim, spent around £30 and now have (almost) nowhere to place the odd 100~ I got...

Got a few decent adds to my collection, a couple of duplicates I might flog, a decent condition Avengers #314 too.

Now to try and stop getting carried away from spending more money... Has anyone else found some sweet finds via eBay?
7/14/2016
Topic:
I regret buying comic lots on eBay...

Frontzie
Frontzie
genuine_article_comics wrote:
Atomic Avenue is a nice alternative to ebay.

Do they ship to the UK? Can't seem to find if they do on their website.
7/27/2016
Topic:
Trojan: Alpha (Graphic Novel)

Frontzie
Frontzie
Frontzie wrote:
snip

Bump... Any luck with this yet?
8/23/2016
Topic:
WHAT'S HOT, WHAT'S NOT

Frontzie
Frontzie
There may be a Bloodshot movie coming out within the next year. While the first comic in the series is a $2 comic at best currently (1992-1993 volume), it may raise when the film is closer to coming out.

Source: Bloodshot/Harbinger films in 2017 Release
8/25/2016
Topic:
Superman(spoilers for new movie)

Frontzie
Frontzie
This one I doubt, but issues 1-6 (Origin subplot) for Justice League as part of the New 52 series may be of note as Darkseid does appear as the main villain.
9/2/2016
Topic:
Need help identifying signature

Frontzie
Frontzie
Hi,

I bought a copy of the Dark Knight Returns from my LCS recently, as soon as I flicked through the pages I spotted what seems to be a signature. Would anyone know who's signature this is?

Thanks,

Image: http://imgur.com/y1HFLuG
9/3/2016
Topic:
Need help identifying signature

Frontzie
Frontzie
That is unbelievable... Thanks!
9/3/2016
Topic:
The Poly Bag

Frontzie
Frontzie
I have an issue of The Losers #15 in its unopened clear polybag with the World of Tomorrow disc inside. I haven't had the heart to open it but came across an opened copy without the disc to use as a reading copy. Looking through the bag the comic doesn't look that bad or affected by staying in its bag (around 12-13 years!). I'm guessing some polybags are not "acid-free" leading to degradation over time.
9/21/2016
Topic:
The Poly Bag

Frontzie
Frontzie
kds_comics wrote:
Frontzie wrote:
I have an issue of The Losers #15 in its unopened clear polybag with the World of Tomorrow disc inside. I haven't had the heart to open it but came across an opened copy without the disc to use as a reading copy. Looking through the bag the comic doesn't look that bad or affected by staying in its bag (around 12-13 years!). I'm guessing some polybags are not "acid-free" leading to degradation over time.

If a polybag is air tight - then that is fine. If air gets in the interior pages fade. Best to open the bag and put both in bag/board.

BTW - If you want some faded comics that had been in polybags unopened for years - let me know - I have dozens.

I would open it, but recently got it signed (on the bag) by Andy Diggle. It looks relatively sealed. I did pick up quite a few polybagged comics recently, some faded, some not.