seandb07

all messages by user

11/13/2016
Topic:
Need some help guessing the grade of this comic!

seandb07
seandb07
Hey everyone, this is my first post here!

I recently sold a copy of X-Men (Silver Age) #9 on eBay, and I had given it an estimated grade of 6.0-6.5. I'm no professional, but I do have some actual work experience grading comics, so I always try to be as honest and accurate as possible.

Someone bought the book, and about a month later sent me a message saying they had the book graded at Lone Star Comics in Arlington, TX, and they came up with a grade of .5, due to the last page being torn out. Huge oversight on my part, and I feel bad, but at the same time, can one missing page take the grade of the book down THAT much? I've had books graded through CGC before, and when one was missing a page but otherwise fine, it was given a grade of 5.5 (it was visually in worse shape than the one I just sold) with the "qualified" distinction, given that it was incomplete.

So this buyer is claiming that this book is now only worth $20, when they originally paid $100. They already left me negative feedback, which is a bummer, because I would have worked with them, but I'd still love to get some opinions from other collectors to get to the bottom of this, and see if I still have any recourse with the buyer to get this fixed.

Here's the link to the same high resolution scans of the book from my ebay listing: https://www.flickr.com/photos/149206627@N06/

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
edited by seandb07 on 11/13/2016