royal1969

all messages by user

3/15/2016
Topic:
Hellcat

royal1969
royal1969
So with the Jessica Jones series another character that seems to be getting another look is Hellcat (Patsy Walker) and the first appearance in Avengers 144. I seem to recall though (and I did check) that Patsy and Hedy make an appearance in Fantastic Four Annual #3 (Reed and Sue's Wedding) -- I think looking to see if Millie the Model would show up -- seems like someone Johnny Storm would date. Anywho...

Beyond the fun and nostalgia of the cameo, any thoughts on this being Patsy's real first appearance the the marvel superhero universe (rather than the "good girl" marvel universe)? :-)

I draw a slight comparison to Harley Quinn who started in the animated series so to speak and then crossed over.
5/21/2019
Topic:
Value updates

royal1969
royal1969
I'm generally impressed that this site keeps up on the speculation market of new issues (I mean who could track all the changes in variant issues?!), but when it comes to non-marvel comics prior to 1970 its seems that a good sweep to update the values is due. Everything from the first Sabrina, to DC war comics, to EC horror, other GA Sci-fi comics could use an update to really reflect what is happening in the market.
4/16/2021
Topic:
Comics going up in price

royal1969
royal1969
I would agree that the market seems really heated across the board. But let’s face it we all have a tendency to get focused on what interests us so I have a certain amount of sympathy for anyone or any team trying to make sense and keep track of every little mini trend. I tend to follow silver and golden age a bit more than the more recent “hot” comics but am always pleasantly surprised to find out that a newer purchase is a thing but am also old enough to know how fleeting those big run ups on price can be. Give it some time and see if it’s sustained or not. Frankly I don’t think making sure a 2 year old comic is properly reflected at $20 instead of $15 should be a priority.

That said some things I am seeing of interest are:

Anything Ditko — especially Spider-Man but the Charlton issues are moving too
Silver surfer 3 wtf?! Seriously.
EC comics — I think they are being rediscovered as silver age prices are getting a little high
Scarlet witch but not vision
Sabrina still moving a bit and that seems to be drawing interest to Dan Decarlo and then to other “good girl” comics
Moon Knight (don’t get it)
Batman of course
First Nubia in Wonder Woman
Hulk 181 even when missing the stamp

Some that seem to be slowing
Neil Adam’s Green Lantern
Kirby DC
DC war comics which were hot 2 years ago
Journey into Mystery and Thor
Guardians of The Who?

Some things I wish were hotter 😂
Daredevil