jarhead_84

all messages by user

5/16/2016
Topic:
Missing Racer X #1 variant cover (?)

jarhead_84
jarhead_84
01. TITLE: Racer X
*Note, please use the indicia for correct title information.
*If title already exists in the database please copy and paste the link to the database entry in the space below.

02. Wildstorm Imprint (DC)
*Note, please use the indicia for correct publisher information.

03. COUNTRY PUBLISHED: USA
04. COUNTRY PRINTED: Canada
=====================================================
05. ISSUE #: 1
06. COVER PRICE:2.95
07. DATE: October, 2000
08. ISSUE NOTES: Is this a variant cover
09. PRINT RUN (If Known or Listed):
10. ISBN/ISSN# (If Listed):
11. URL TO COVER SCAN (If Available):
*Note, www.photobucket.com is a free image hosting website and good place to host your cover scans
5/16/2016
Topic:
Witchblade/Vampirella/Tomb Raider/Magdelena DF #1

jarhead_84
jarhead_84
01. TITLE: Witchblade/Vampirella/Tomb Raider/Magdelena
*Note, please use the indicia for correct title information.
*If title already exists in the database please copy and paste the link to the database entry in the space below.

02. PUBLISHER: Top Cow/Image

03. COUNTRY PUBLISHED:
04. COUNTRY PRINTED:
06. COVER PRICE:2.99
07. DATE:
08. ISSUE NOTES: Sealed w/COA Gold Foil Edition
*Note, www.photobucket.com is a free image hosting website and good place to host your cover scans.
5/17/2016
Topic:
Missing Gearz #1 variant cover (?)

jarhead_84
jarhead_84
01. TITLE: Gearz

There is not an "indicia" located inside the comic that I can find

02. PUBLISHER: Bluewater Comics

03. COUNTRY PUBLISHED:
04. COUNTRY PRINTED: Canada
06. COVER PRICE:3.99
07. DATE: June, 2008
08. ISSUE NOTES:
*Note, www.photobucket.com is a free image hosting website and good place to host your cover scans.
5/19/2016
Topic:
Incorrect cover artist data, Solomon Kane

jarhead_84
jarhead_84
When inputting data into the database, I messed up and put two cover artist on the wrong issue,

Solomon Kane, 2008, Dark Horse
#1 Kubert cover.

I inadvertently added Cassaday and Martin as well and just need them removed. Sorry for the mistake and the inconvenience.

Ben
5/21/2016
Topic:
Story Arcs

jarhead_84
jarhead_84
How does one go about adding issues to the "Story Arc" ?
6/18/2016
Topic:
Data base entries

jarhead_84
jarhead_84
Ok all, got a question. In updating the data base, letterer, inker, etc, most are pretty easy, but I came a cross an issue that has a "breakdowns" and a "finishes".

Finishes: I am going to guess is maybe the inker?
Breakdowns: Possibly the artist?

Anybody know?

Thanks,
Ben
6/24/2016
Topic:
Rising Stars #8 Cover artist - mis-spelled name

jarhead_84
jarhead_84
Whilst inputting the artist that wasn't in the data base, I misspelled his name. It should be Christian Zanier NOT Christain (flipped flopped the A and I)

Thanks

Ben
6/27/2016
Topic:
Misspelled writers name

jarhead_84
jarhead_84
Planet Terry #2, writer is listed as Lenny Herman, all the issues have it spelled as Lennie Herman. So I tried to add Lenny Herman to the data base, thinkin there was two different people. Plus, I input the first and last name backwards, so please delete that entry, if you would please! Thank you.
7/7/2016
Topic:
Adding "Story Arc"

jarhead_84
jarhead_84
How do you go about adding the story arc? Looked all thru the entries and I cant find it. Can do everything else, just not that. Thanks

Ben
7/13/2016
Topic:
Ruk's list-Who has the best collection

jarhead_84
jarhead_84
Update!!!
Count: 16,208
Value: 84,930.18

Thank you!
7/14/2016
Topic:
Brian Michael Bendis

jarhead_84
jarhead_84
He is listed twice, both the same spelling. Just an FYI, but I am thinkin he doesn't need to be listed twice.
8/28/2016
Topic:
Harley Quinn - Loot Crate Exclusive

jarhead_84
jarhead_84
I too have this variant, as well as 4001 AD Loot variant, was wondering when it may be added to the data base.
9/10/2016
Topic:
Ruk's list-Who has the best collection

jarhead_84
jarhead_84
Update, 10 Sept, 2016
$87,430.82

Thanks
9/10/2016
Topic:
Breakdowns

jarhead_84
jarhead_84
When one is credited as doing the "Breakdowns" what are they doing? I get some of the others, like script (writer) or penciller (artist), but don't know breakdowns! Thanks
9/10/2016
Topic:
Mechanism #2 wrong cover scan

jarhead_84
jarhead_84
Mechanism #2 from Image comics has the wrong cover scan uploaded. It shows Outcast #20
9/11/2016
Topic:
New Super-man #2 wrong cover artist approved

jarhead_84
jarhead_84
The cover artist for this issue should be Victor Bogdanovic, not Jon Bogdanove which someone approved.
9/13/2016
Topic:
Flash #4 Vol 5, credits I wrongly disputed

jarhead_84
jarhead_84
While verifying data input by Jerman1983, I incorrectly disputed the artist, Googe, as being incorrect, I unfortunately was looking at issue 5, it was my mistake and not the member. Please fix for me so Jerman1983 is not dinged. It was my fault.

Ben
10/6/2016
Topic:
Organizing with Boxes

jarhead_84
jarhead_84
A couple years ago, I finally convinced my wife to let me combine two small rooms into one for my "comic Book Rook" Whohoo! I put up shelves on the walls, and use magazine file boxes to sort my issues. One wall my have Image, Dark Horse, Marvel, etc. The magazine file box will hold 25 or so comics. I print off labels to ID what is in it box, thus the "Virtual Box" is used and it works very well. The shelves hold quite a lot of weight, the windows are covered so very little sunlight comes in (room is in the basement) and the shelves themselves block regular light from the overhead light. Its much easier to pull one box off the shelve to add a new comic for that particular series or run. Also, I am not bending comics trying to find a spot to insert a new comicbook into a long box. I just started the whole "Box" organizing a year or so ago, so I have a lot to "update" into boxes (17,000) which helps what issues I have and don't have as when I "update" them into a location, I now know that issue was looked at and confirmed to have. Down side to this system, if I ever have to move, im screwed!!! lol But the comic box locations do work very well for knowing what issues you have and where its located so upgrading to a better issue is easier. May not be the best system, but it woks well for me!
10/6/2016
Topic:
Incredible Hulk #385 wrong writer approved

jarhead_84
jarhead_84
Dale Keown was approved as writer, which is incorrect. Dale is the artist and cover artist. Peter David is the writer, this is from the credits in the book and from Marvels' database.
10/7/2016
Topic:
Incredible Hulk #360 incorrect artist/cover artist

jarhead_84
jarhead_84
Indicia list Dan Reed as the artist and the Marvel database list him as artist AND cover artist, not David Reed as was approved in the CPG database. Also, when I look up the creators, I cant seem to find a David Reed listed, tho he is approved for the issue. Strange.

Thanks,
Ben
1234 ..24