Megatran217

all messages by user

8/12/2017
Topic:
need good laugh? went to comic store on vacation.

Megatran217
Megatran217
If you were in the tourist area, then I used to live walking distance from that Coliseum shop. I will admit, that they do overcharge for some books, but if you are patient, you can find good deals there, i.e. $8 for Batman 635. However, due to the fact that there's such a high volume store, the tourist flock there and ready to spend, so they end up selling some of those overpriced wall books.

KAPPA212 wrote:
So i was on vacation down florida with the family and i go to Colosseum comics in orlando, and they have huge wall lots back issues comics which i my self collect a lot of, and i seen it right there before my eyes Civil War issue 1 !!!,,,mind you i have two copies of it but when i see the price tag i almost died on vacation, why? because they had a price tag of $60!!! mind you this book can be found ebay $10, so i asked the girl behind the counter " excuse me mam is that really the price?" shes states " oh yah its very hot comic and super rare to find now its only gonna get higher"... now i am sitting here thinking to my self what real comicbook collector could possibly fall for this! i think we should all take our civil war issues head on down there see if they are willing to buy them lol. there were more over priced comics here at least another $20-$40 tac onto over street price. but all in all i hope this made someone laugh. only comic i found that was decent price really was Wolverine #88. Has anyone ever experienced over price shop?
edited by Kappa212 on 2/15/2017