Officialgeezer

all messages by user

7/18/2020
Topic:
Title Correction to Lady Death: All Hallow's Eve

Officialgeezer
Officialgeezer
Hi folks,

The correct title for this book as per indicia is Lady Death FAN Edition #1: All Hallow's Evil.

I mean, it's Chaos! right?

Thanks,
Stephan
7/23/2020
Topic:
UPC Correction to Onslaught: X-Men #1

Officialgeezer
Officialgeezer
Hi Folks,

The UPC currently shown in the database for this ish looks like a newsstand format code (07148603627201). I can't find any newsstand version on the interwebs, if there is one.

My direct edition UPC is 759606043460-00111. Can I assume this is not a variant?

Thanks much,
Stephan
7/23/2020
Topic:
UPC Correction to Onslaught: X-Men #1

Officialgeezer
Officialgeezer
Thanks for the research, CS. Where do I send your tree-fiddy? smile

Submitting my direct edition as a variant, I will.

S
8/3/2020
Topic:
What to do with Fatal Attractions box sets?

Officialgeezer
Officialgeezer
Hi folks,

Need a little guidance here about cataloging and tracking two odd-ball comic acquisitions back from when I was regularly collecting action figures in the mid 1990s. I have two box sets that make up the Fatal Attractions story line, each sold as a Marvel Spotlight Collector's Pack. They were bought from Toys R Us but do not seem to be an exclusive. I see them for sale on eBay but not in any of the usual suspect comic databases, including CPG. Here are some details:

• Box 1, UPC 759606361021, list price $11.40, contains parts 1 - 3 (X-Factor #92, X-Force #25, Uncanny X-Men #304)
  • Box 2, UPC 759606366026, list price $11.85, contains parts 4 - 6 (X-Men #25, Wolverine #75, Excalibur #71)

Are there CPG entries for these boxes? Should there be? Are they variants of some sort? Do I just deal with them outside the norm as one-offs? Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks for any info you can spill,
Stephan
8/4/2020
Topic:
What to do with Fatal Attractions box sets?

Officialgeezer
Officialgeezer
23 hours, 20 views and one response from the highly-esteemed collectibleshop later -

I will roll up my sleeves and dig in for more info from the interwebs but treat these packs as packs, not single issues. All subject to change if other learned ones chime in later.

CS - you da man and thank you. In addition to up-voting your prompt response, I will also be sending you a no-prize once breathed upon by Stan Lee himself. That's got to be worth at least the tree-fiddy I owe you. (insert smiley face here).

SGM
8/27/2020
Topic:
MISSING COMIC BOOK SERIES

Officialgeezer
Officialgeezer
Hi Rang3r2,

Try your search again but use 'all countries' instead of 'USA' as part of the search criteria. I think that will help you.Cool

geez
9/10/2020
Topic:
X-Factor #98B Newsstand - cover error

Officialgeezer
Officialgeezer
Hi folks,

The database shows X-Factor #99 newsstand, not #98 newsstand.

Thanks,
OG Stephan
9/15/2020
Topic:
Gen 13 #2 Variant cover missing from database

Officialgeezer
Officialgeezer
I have the same issue of Gen 13. It's a flip cover. The CPG power-that-be haven't classified flip covers as variants. It would be nice to give credit to the flip cover artists though.
10/11/2020
Topic:
Cannot load creators for Marvel 'X' titles

Officialgeezer
Officialgeezer
Hi administrator folks,

I haven't been able to load the Marvel 'X' titles to verify user submitted data (including my own - been drilling down on these titles lately). This has been going on for over a week and continues today even after many creator data submissions have been cleared. When I try to load the Marvel 'X' titles, I just get the spinning 'working on it' animation, endlessly. This only happens for the Marvel 'X' titles.

Is it you? Is it me? Is anybody experiencing the same? Is any admin aware of this and looking at a fix?

Questions, questions, questions flooding into the mind of concerned young persons today. Feedback Requested

Thank you,

Stephan
10/11/2020
Topic:

Officialgeezer
Officialgeezer
Aha! Two points on a line! Thanks, David.

It would be good to have an admin confirm if 1,000 updates in a publisher's letter does indeed break things. A fix may be low priority at this point and there are so many Marvel 'X' titles. It's easy enough for members to monitor the creator update activity and throttle the data input.

OGeez
10/12/2020
Topic:

Officialgeezer
Officialgeezer
And it's fixed. Thank you, Ron and the team.
10/18/2020
Topic:
Undo on adding details

Officialgeezer
Officialgeezer
Sure. Go to 'help verify data' and look at your own erroneous entry. You can delete it there by clicking on the garbage can icon. It's the same mechanism as if you were down voted on an entry and then choose to remove it.
11/6/2020
Topic:
Need or Want a New Username?

Officialgeezer
Officialgeezer
Hi Ron,

I initially wanted my username to be geezer, a handle I use elsewhere on the Interwebs. Please make it so, if possible. Thanks so much.
11/6/2020
Topic:
Need or Want a New Username?

Officialgeezer
Officialgeezer
Nope, I'm good Ron. Thanks for checking on the geezer appellation.

Yours truly,

Officialgeezer
6/12/2021
Topic:
Correction to Gen 13 Annual #1 Variant

Officialgeezer
Officialgeezer
What He Said

See? I ain't lyin'. Thanks for the verify, glorkar.
edited by officialgeezer on 6/12/2021
9/6/2022
Topic:
Action Comics #770 - Incorrect Cover Price

Officialgeezer
Officialgeezer
Hello again,

The correct cover price for Action Comics #770 is $3.50, not $2.25.

Thanks for all you do.

OG
9/18/2022
Topic:
Not Seeing My Creator Updates

Officialgeezer
Officialgeezer
Hey now,

I just finished a run of database updates for Ultimate Spider-Man creators and know for sure I fat-fingered an entry or two. Bendis doesn't do pencils, right? But, I can't correct my errors because the updates are not appearing when I go the the 'help verify data' link, expecting to trash my hasty entries. Is this really a problem, or are updates being batched for processing after the weekend, or what?

Many thanks for your attention,
OG
9/19/2022
Topic:
Not Seeing My Creator Updates

Officialgeezer
Officialgeezer
Hi Ron,

Yes, it's that simple. I was looking under Marvel, not Ultimate Marvel. It's good to learn something new every day.

Thank you,
OG