ipfnd

all messages by user

1/23/2020
Topic:
Selling my comics

ipfnd
ipfnd
I have a collection of apparoximately 2100+ comics (98% Marvel 70"s & 80's) and would like to sell them.
I sent a list to a comic book store who said my collection is worth about $10,000. This website says its
worth $40,000. I realize its not actually worth 40 as I didn't grade them and just called all mint.
So the store is offering me $4,000-$6,000. All books are in bags with backing boards.

Should I sell them on this site? I understand his reasoning for giving me 50% of what he says is the value
but is the value given on this site accurate.

Sorry for the long question
1/23/2020
Topic:
Bulk Edit grading?

ipfnd
ipfnd
I realize this does't make sense but is there a way bulk edit the grades of comics if you were looking to get a general idea of the value of your collection?
1/23/2020
Topic:
Selling my comics

ipfnd
ipfnd
Ronbatman wrote:
The only way to know the value of your collection is to grade the books.

I looked at the books you have in the system, you have some books that are extremely desirable for collectors. Daredevil 1 and 2 issues of the ASM 129 could potentially be worth $4000 depending on grade.

I get weekly questions from people selling their collection. My answer is always the same. You have to balance work, time and money. The more work and time you put in, the more money you will get out. The quickest approach to selling will usually get you the lowest dollar amount. If your time is cheap then sell them yourself. If your time is in short supply sell them as a lot.
Ron

Ron,

Thank you for the excellent advice
2/4/2020
Topic:
Adding an issue to a collection

ipfnd
ipfnd
Stupid question for sure...

How do I add an issue to my collection. Like a clown I can't remember how I initially put thm all in....

Thank you for your time
2/4/2020
Topic:
Adding an issue to a collection

ipfnd
ipfnd
Thank you Ron!!!
2/7/2020
Topic:
Generic Comic selling Question

ipfnd
ipfnd
So I apologize if this question has been beaten down over the years....

I'm in the process of selling my collection of 2,100 +/- 99% Marvel comics and I have them all in a spreadsheet.

So based on values from CPG I have an idea of which ones may be worth some serious money.

Obviously I am going to some graded but my question is should only grade the ones that I project to have a certain value and if so what would you recomend?

Thank you for any thoughts you may have.

Craig
edited by ipfnd on 2/7/2020
2/9/2020
Topic:

ipfnd
ipfnd
Thank you!! Imcubillo wrote:
I would think that you grade the ones that make sense from a monetary standpoint. The whole pressing and grading process will be about $30 something per book plus shipping. So in my opinion you take that into account. If you have a $100 raw book and yours is in what appears to be prestige shape that when rated it becomes a $500 book then monetary the $30 bucks makes sense. Same thing for older golden age books that may be in lower grades. Start with your big boy money books and work your way down,
2/9/2020
Topic:

ipfnd
ipfnd
Thank you!! Ronbatman wrote:
I agree with Imcubillo. It can get expensive so you start with the most valuable or sought after books. You can save on shipping by going to a convention that has CGC or CBCS attending but then you have the cost of the show.