Generic Comic selling Question Messages in this topic - RSS

ipfnd
ipfnd

2/7/2020

ipfnd
ipfnd
So I apologize if this question has been beaten down over the years....

I'm in the process of selling my collection of 2,100 +/- 99% Marvel comics and I have them all in a spreadsheet.

So based on values from CPG I have an idea of which ones may be worth some serious money.

Obviously I am going to some graded but my question is should only grade the ones that I project to have a certain value and if so what would you recomend?

Thank you for any thoughts you may have.

Craig
edited by ipfnd on 2/7/2020
0 link
Imcubillo
Imcubillo

2/7/2020

Imcubillo
Imcubillo
I would think that you grade the ones that make sense from a monetary standpoint. The whole pressing and grading process will be about $30 something per book plus shipping. So in my opinion you take that into account. If you have a $100 raw book and yours is in what appears to be prestige shape that when rated it becomes a $500 book then monetary the $30 bucks makes sense. Same thing for older golden age books that may be in lower grades. Start with your big boy money books and work your way down,
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

2/7/2020

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
I agree with Imcubillo. It can get expensive so you start with the most valuable or sought after books. You can save on shipping by going to a convention that has CGC or CBCS attending but then you have the cost of the show.
+1 link
ipfnd
ipfnd

2/9/2020

ipfnd
ipfnd
Thank you!! Imcubillo wrote:
I would think that you grade the ones that make sense from a monetary standpoint. The whole pressing and grading process will be about $30 something per book plus shipping. So in my opinion you take that into account. If you have a $100 raw book and yours is in what appears to be prestige shape that when rated it becomes a $500 book then monetary the $30 bucks makes sense. Same thing for older golden age books that may be in lower grades. Start with your big boy money books and work your way down,
0 link
ipfnd
ipfnd

2/9/2020

ipfnd
ipfnd
Thank you!! Ronbatman wrote:
I agree with Imcubillo. It can get expensive so you start with the most valuable or sought after books. You can save on shipping by going to a convention that has CGC or CBCS attending but then you have the cost of the show.
0 link