shoggoth80

all messages by user

2/26/2016
Topic:
Green Arrow Recommendations?

shoggoth80
shoggoth80
So, I have read a *little* Green Arrow. A smidge of the Green Lantern/Arrow stuff, and I have Year One. I've also been watching Arrow, which I am finding to be surprisingly good. I've liked the appearances of Oliver Queen in some of the other DC universe stuff I have read.

Any other recommended titles to read?
edited by shoggoth80 on 2/26/2016
3/11/2016
Topic:
What are you currently collecting?

shoggoth80
shoggoth80
I'm catching stuff up that I missed out on, thankfully a lot of it is still in print.
DC:
Been reading Suicide Squad (the newer stuff), it works surprisingly well.
Batman
Superman Earth One
A bunch of Batman Elseworlds
Dark Knight III. Really eager for book 4.

Marvel:
Star Wars
Darth Vader
Vader Down
Princess Leia
Shattered Empire
Spider Man 2099 (the original stuff)

Image:
Ragnarok
3/11/2016
Topic:

shoggoth80
shoggoth80
"Bought DK III #1, Will wait for it to end & get some crazy awesome HC that i'm sure will be released as."
-Oh, I am sure that a collected hardcover is somewhere in the pipeline. I really like the story so far, so I am ok with grabbing the individual issues. The wait between sucks, but that's the nature of subscriptions. That said, when the cool hardcover hits, I'm on it. It would be rad to see a Year One, Dark Knight Returns, Dark Knight Strikes Again, Dark Knight Master Race collected volume. Probably won't go quite that far, but I can hope. Lol.

I saw on Amazon that there is a new Elseworlds volume coming out?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1401260748/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3OO4WIU1BRYN&coliid=I3UV08S9KIIUTM
Keeping an eye on that one.

You know the insistence on calling every Knight a "master" is how we got Baytes...
edited by shoggoth80 on 3/11/2016
3/16/2016
Topic:
Anyone Reading Klaus?

shoggoth80
shoggoth80
I found this browsing the local shop's webpage. Klaus, by Grant Morrison. I know the name, even have some of his other writings. I like the premise, drawing on folklore and myth, because I like these subjects in general. Seems interesting, cover art is cool. Hit the subscribe button on my shop's account interface. Hopefully they will have the back issues too.

Anyone reading this story? What do you think?
3/24/2016
Topic:

shoggoth80
shoggoth80
Looks like I am collecting Klaus, and Loki: Ragnarok and Roll too. Lol.
Good stuff though.
3/24/2016
Topic:
Anyone Reading Klaus?

shoggoth80
shoggoth80
Well, I picked this one up. I have 1,2, and 4 (with #3 on order) physical, and 1-4 digital. It's pretty good. It's a bit more of a folklore take on the character, and a bit of a mash-up Robin Hood style, with a dash of fantasy (or so it seems). The 4 issues are well written, and wonderfully illustrated. I noticed a difference between the first couple issues and #4... the first says 1 of 6, #4 is 4 of 7. Guess 6 issues wasn't enough space to tell the whole tale. So far, I like it, and am now stuck waiting on #5...
3/24/2016
Topic:
Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice

shoggoth80
shoggoth80
I want this to be good. It looks like it *should* be from the trailers. Also, ran across one guy at the local shop yesterday who got to go to an early screening, and he said it was surprisingly good. This feedback and what appears to be critical panning are at odds. I don't really trust critics to get it right when it comes to comic adaptations/universe films...so I am holding out hope.
3/25/2016
Topic:
What do you do for fun?

shoggoth80
shoggoth80
Linux isn't bad once you get used to it. If I didn't do video games in my current rig, I'd be rocking a Linux box.

I'm a bit of a collector by nature. Comics, books, games, guns, music (LP, CD, cassette), I like getting outside when I can (light hiking, camping,fishing). I used to wrench for fun, but I make my money that way now...changes how ya look at it. Old bikes are still rad though.