Beaux1980

all messages by user

12/9/2017
Topic:
Childhood Comic Collection

Beaux1980
Beaux1980
Hey y'all. I just put my collection on here and it says its worth is around $1,348 with 229 issues. The best are Amazing Spiderman 300 and a few others with some decent value. Would it be out of the question to ask $1000 for the whole thing? Would anybody bite on that? If not, what would a fair package price be for that?
12/28/2017
Topic:

Beaux1980
Beaux1980
Hey y'all. I just put my collection on here and it says its worth is around $1,348 with 229 issues. The best are Amazing Spiderman 300 and a few others with some decent value. Would it be out of the question to ask $1000 for the whole thing? Would anybody bite on that? If not, what would a fair package price be for that?

A little breakdown:

$1270 of it is from Marvel.

Nothing more valuable than Amazing Spiderman 300
Others are:
Amazing Spiderman 361 & 344.
Punisher #4
New Mutants 87B

I started collecting in the late 80's and collected for about 5 years I'd guess. I bagged every one of them and boarded the valuable ones (back then). I never read them (usually), so most have never even been opened. They are pretty much in perfect condition (a majority). I did trade and buy some older ones, or got some older ones from family back then. Spiderman 300 would probably grade out in the mid 9's, as it was one I "invested" in as a kid.

Let me know what a decent "mark down" would be for a collection price that is probably 98% 9.6 or better. Thanks for the advice.
12/29/2017
Topic:

Beaux1980
Beaux1980
Defiant1 wrote:
If selling comics was easy, I'd be buying a house with the worth of my collection.
smile

This is all very good advice. I appreciate it. What is the best venue for a bulk sale?