NormanBates

all messages by user

3/28/2018
Topic:
NEW!!!

NormanBates
NormanBates
Hi, i'm also new on CPG. Gold or Platinum is the color of the background of the valiant logo in the upper left corner - white, gold, platinum.

I hope i could help.
3/29/2018
Topic:
Buying Comic

NormanBates
NormanBates
Hi, i'm new on CPG so sorry if my question is too stubid. I made an offer on a comic book and it was accepted - so it went straight to the "limbo box". But in the limbo box i can't see the grade of the book no more and I don't remember what grade it was. Is there a place where i can look it up? It would be very helpful if the grade is shown in the limbo box also because it's convenient and it avoids complications. Because what if i buy a 9.2 book and receive a 7.0 book? The seller could say it always was a 7.0 book and i couldn't proof otherwise - right?

thx,
Daniel
3/29/2018
Topic:
Buying Comic

NormanBates
NormanBates
Hi Ron, thank you very much for your answer. It's very easy to use your site - it's simple AMAZING.
Yes i know, i can see the grade as long as the offer is bending but unfortunately not in the limbo box.
So for now i'll make screenshots of the offers, it will work but ... you know.
Is there a reason for this? Maybe it's possible to just move the offers (as they are, with all the information) from the "offers out" to the limbo box. That would be great.

You say i can see the grade again after i've bought the comic? Where do the bought comics go? Automatically to my collection, with the grade it was offered?

Again, thank you very much for helping me getting started.

Daniel
3/30/2018
Topic:
WHAT'S HOT, WHAT'S NOT

NormanBates
NormanBates
A very overlooked book is marvel x-men annual #14 (1990) since it is the REAL first appearance of gambit - and not just a CAMEO. It's a few pages long story. I'm feeling bad for all the folks that bought x-men 266. hulk 180 - that might be a cameo, or even more asm #161 (a real jigsaw CAMEO) - but not marvel x-men annual #14 - it's a real full appearance.
4/3/2018
Topic:
WHAT'S HOT, WHAT'S NOT

NormanBates
NormanBates
I can feel your pain my friend, i really do, when i saw the 0.96 i got cramps :-))). But listen to this, yesterday I got a near mint copy of the comic magazine "warriors #1" (first appearance of v for vendetta) and while unpacking it i cut it pretty bad with a cutter - out of pure stupidity and instead of at least trying to sell it, i ripped it in 1000 pieces - out of pure frustration.

Paper Life is hard :-))).

At least, you can still get the x-men annual pretty cheap.
4/3/2018
Topic:
Some questions about grading

NormanBates
NormanBates
Hi, i'm new on cpg and i'm loving it (why do i fell hungry??). I'm from vienna, austria and i'd like to grade some of my comics. And although i was on the cgc website i still don't really understand how it works and what the prices are. Can some experienced cgc grader help me with this.

I also considering to press and clean some of my books befor sending them to cgc, so i thought i use ccs since they are in the same building, right?

So my questions are, how does it work exactly? Do i just have to send my books to ccs and they clean them, press them and send them to cgc? And how do i pay? Do i have to buy a membership? And i don't understand the "comic grading tiers". What does maximum value means?

I would like to clean, press and grade these books:

- Amazing Spider-Man #129
- Batman Adventures #12
- Hero for HIre #1
- NYX #3
- Spiderman #162
- 6x Moon Girl #28
- Strange Adventures #205

.... and some others.

How much would that be? As i said - cleaning, pressing, grading.

I would be really happy if someone could explain the whole process step-by-step, for dummys so to say :-).

Thank you very much,
Daniel
4/5/2018
Topic:
Some questions about grading

NormanBates
NormanBates
Thank you very much for your detailed answer. I think i understand the whole thing a lot better now. First i thought the price depends on the turnaround time - but it depends on the value of the raw book - and the more valuable a book is, the faster the turnaround is - right? Which seems logical because there are lesser books with very high value, so the turnaround is quicker.

So in my case, i guess the highest tier is the standard tier with 65 Dollar per book. But where do i get the FMV? I don't think it's the current ebay pricing, right? Is the reference price the one here on CPG?

I'd say:
Standard Tier for:
- ASM #129
- Batman Adventures #12
- NYX #3
- Strange Adventures #205

Economy Tier for:
- Hero for Hire #1

Value Tier for:
- Spiderman #162

Modern Tier for:
- Moon Girl #28

And what do they mean with "reholder" - just a new slap without grading?

I see, this is going to be expensive :-(((.
6/13/2018
Topic:
1st Appearance Miss Martian

NormanBates
NormanBates
The 1st Full Appearance of Miss Martian is in Teen Titans Vol. 3 #39 - and not in #37. In #37 it's just an one panel cameo, not even the name is mentioned, so even less than hulk #180.