1/7/2016
Topic:
Any Graphic Novel Recommendations?

texranger37
texranger37
Be safe out there.

Head down, watch your six.

Here's my list:

1. Superman: Earth One (Vols 1, 2, and 3) by J. Michael Straczynski. Great stuff.
2. Wolf vol 1, by Ales Kot. One of the best of 2015.
3. Captain Britain: A Crooked World. Alan Moore revolutionizes comics.
4. Evil Empire vol 1 by Max Bemis. Scary good.
5. Judge Dredd: Origins. A stellar addition to the Dredd mythology.
6. Squadron Supreme by Mark Gruenwald (RIP). Amazing.
7. The Life and Death of Captain Marvel. Starlin at his cosmic finest.
8. Crisis On Infinite Earths. Legendary.
9. Cla$$war by Rob Williams. A modern classic.
10. Dark Horse Brain Boy HC. One of my faves.
11. Dark Horse John Carter of Mars: The Jesse Marsh Years. Clean, simple and gorgeous art with a classic story adapted well.
12. The Harlem Hellfighters by Max Brooks. A true story of forgotten heroes.
13. All EC horror and sci fi reprint volumes. Days of reading pleasure.
14.AVENGERS: The Korvac Saga. Prepare to be astounded.
15. Batman: No Man's Land (All volumes). Hell of a story arc.
16. Adam: The Legend of the Blue Marvel. Poignant, powerful storytelling.

TEX
edited by texranger37 on 1/7/2016
1/7/2016
Topic:
Gilgandra Back Issues 2.0

texranger37
texranger37
Sweet books, Gil!!!

I can't wait to see your thread unfold!! Rock on!!

I need to cop one of those Vertigo Gallery #1s! That is a PRETTY DC Give-a-way! Bet those are scarce in high grades.

TEX
1/10/2016
Topic:

texranger37
texranger37
Gilgandra wrote:
Thanks Tex!
Good to see you visit me friend

I'm now after one more Hellblazer #27 slabbed (it won't cheap) but i'll try in the near future.

CRAP!!

I was trying to give a like and hit the wrong one. I'm sorry.

Of course, you know I'll be stopping in to see what you're up to over here. smile

Keep 'em coming!

TEX
1/11/2016
Topic:

texranger37
texranger37
axchou wrote:
Lol, Tex. Bringing your thread down.

btw. if you remember Azxc, I'm him. Used 2 different usernames when I registered a long time ago.

WHAAAAAAAT??!?!?!?!?

OF COURSE I REMEMBER AZXC!!!

DUDE!! I had no idea!! I knew you were awesome, but I had no idea that Gilgangra was the Clark Kent to AZXC's Superman. LOL!!

MY BROTHER!!

TEX
1/11/2016
Topic:
SKIN TRADE #1 ICONIC EDITION B

texranger37
texranger37
01. TITLE: Skin Trade #1
02. PUBLISHER: Avatar
03. COUNTRY PUBLISHED: USA
04. COUNTRY PRINTED: United States
05. ISSUE #:1
06. COVER PRICE:None
07. DATE: June 2013
08. ISSUE NOTES: Signed by George R.R. Martin
09. PRINT RUN (If Known or Listed):350
10. ISBN/ISSN# (If Listed):
11. URL TO COVER SCAN (If Available): http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww54/texranger37/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-10-15%2017.30.42_zpsf69wwlci.jpg
1/11/2016
Topic:
Niobe: She Is Life #1

texranger37
texranger37
01. TITLE: Niobe: She Is Life #1
02. PUBLISHER: Stranger Comics
06. COVER PRICE: $3.99
07. DATE: November 2015
08. ISSUE NOTES: Incentive Hyoung Taek Nam 1:5 variant cover version

09. PRINT RUN (If Known or Listed):
11. URL TO COVER SCAN (If Available): https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0499/0581/products/57_f652a38b-6e0b-434c-9370-de00f7fee481.jpeg?v=1449426416
edited by texranger37 on 1/11/2016
1/11/2016
Topic:
The Untamed: A Sinner's Prayer #1

texranger37
texranger37
01. TITLE: The Untamed: A Sinner's Prayer #1
02. PUBLISHER: Stranger Comics
06. COVER PRICE: $5
07. DATE: November 2015
08. ISSUE NOTES: Special Limited Edition B Cover. Features the first appearance of Amandla Sternberg's Niobe.

09. PRINT RUN (If Known or Listed):
11. URL TO COVER SCAN (If Available):http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/the_untamed_1_variant.jpg
1/12/2016
Topic:

texranger37
texranger37
axchou wrote:
texranger37 wrote:
axchou wrote:
Lol, Tex. Bringing your thread down.

btw. if you remember Azxc, I'm him. Used 2 different usernames when I registered a long time ago.

WHAAAAAAAT??!?!?!?!?

OF COURSE I REMEMBER AZXC!!!

DUDE!! I had no idea!! I knew you were awesome, but I had no idea that Gilgangra was the Clark Kent to AZXC's Superman. LOL!!

MY BROTHER!!

TEX

Tex. sorry for the confusion. Gilgandra is Gilgandra lol. My username for the price guide is Axchou and Azxc for the forums which unfortunately is no more along with my thread. But that doesn't matter, I haven't posted much. Maybe one day I will start up a thread again.

LOL!!

Man, this new format is confusing!!

Welcome back, brother! I am so glad to see you back on the block!!

TEX
1/12/2016
Topic:

texranger37
texranger37
Gilgandra wrote:
Thought i'd show some of the older books from my last thread i had.
This is for anyone who has the need for a an awesome collection, Hope i've inspired you...Enjoy!

ASM #65, NM. October 1968. I was lucky to have bought this from a great seller who kept it for me. He said it was to good to have given it to just anyone...Much appreciated i was. It will be slabbed one day!

UXM #127, -NM. November 1979. One of the best ever X-Men story arcs. What a movie it would make!

Strange Tales #135, F. August 1965. 1st App: S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents, Hydra, Imperial Hydra, Agent H & S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier.

Fantastic Four Annual #2, -VF. September 1964. Origin of Dr.Doom, 1st App: Doomstadt & Dr. Doom's Castle.

JLA: Riddle of the Beasts (Elseworlds) HC, February 2002. Cover by Justin Sweet. HTF HC.

Batman #243, -NM. August 1972. Early Lazarus Pit. Neil Adams cover.

Warrior Magazine, -VF. March 1982. 1st App: V for Vendetta & Modern Age Marvel-man (Miracleman)

Secret Origins Special, -F. June 1961. Well what can i say...1st reprint of all the best DC had to offer at the time, Including The Flash. Not an easy book to find in any condition, Paid $40 for this copy smile

Supernatural Thrillers #1, VF. December 1972. 1st App: It. Jim Steranko cover. Not a book that's seen all that often.

Batman Adventures Special: Mad Love, NM. February 1994. Origin: Harley Quinn & Her 2nd Appearance. Everyone's after a copy of this book, But it was low print.

OMG

You got SWEETIES in that batch!!!

There's an Elseworlds story that I haven't read?!! I NEED IT!!

Warrior #1 isn't just the 1st app of V for Vendetta, it is the first appearance of Alan Moore's superhero deconstruction tale, Marvel Man - it was the return of Marvel Man, Alan Moore style. He became Miracle Man for American audiences (and probably to quell any problems with Marvel Comics).

1st Nick Fury as SHIELD Agent...and 1st SHIELD and Hydra!!! AWESOME!!!!!

Great books, Gil!!

TEX
1/24/2016
Topic:
The Brave and the Bold Vol 1 #s 25 and 28

texranger37
texranger37
Two super-keys are hotter than ever.

The Brave and the Bold #28 featuring the 1st appearance of the Justice League of America, and issue #25 which feature the 1st app of the Suicide Squad (Task Force X) are undervalued in the CPG database.

Here are recent sales:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=Brave%20and%20the%20Bold%20%2328&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

and #25

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Brave-and-the-Bold-/32728/i.html?LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_from=R40&_nkw=Brave+and+the+Bold+%2325

The price that CPG has for #25 is WAY off current market value.

TEX
1/24/2016
Topic:
Oxbladder's stuff 3.0

texranger37
texranger37
Good to see your old thread back.

Cool variant. Makes me want to grab one.

TEX
1/27/2016
Topic:
Space Adventures #33 - Ditko's First Superhero

texranger37
texranger37
The scarce first appearance of Ditko's Captain Atom is calling down serious heat,

You can see here that Space Adventures #33 is on fire:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=Space%20Adventures%20%2333&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

A copy in somewhere around GD condition sold for $300, and a best offer was accepted for one listed for just under $1000.

and here:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=Space%20Adventures%20%2333&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

One graded CBCS 4.5 has 5 days left, but already has bids totaling over $360.

Captain Atom is Steve Ditko's first superhero - it is not easy to find and darn expensive when you do. Values should be checked.

TEX
1/27/2016
Topic:
CapnDoug's Back Issue Discoveries

texranger37
texranger37
CapnDoug wrote:
So, I finally got a hold of the bags and boards I needed (well, a portion of, anyway...). That means I'm currently going through the more recent pick ups and getting them sorted into the new collection. I keep new pick ups separate until after they have new bags and boards. I'm weird that way, I guess. Anyway, I've already shown off a bunch of the ones I got, so check them out in the posts I put up last year for... oh yeah...

I collected every Superman title there was for a few years there. I can't claim that all of them were good, but there were classic stories like this one. Bought it new, so I paid cover price. Well, a bit less, since it was $5 after the store discount was factored in. I've been getting a few decent Silver and Bronze Age Action Comics in the recent collection buys, but let's face it, those are often more notable for the ridiculous covers.

This one's a bit worse for wear, but I keep finding Adventure Comics in my bulk buys. And when you are getting stuff like this for $0.86, you can't really complain.

I recall saying that I bought a collection for $1900. If not, I bought a collection for $1900. This was in the box of "stuff I'll throw in just to get rid of." The guy was all about Marvel (seriously, he collected a bunch of Marvel titles starting at the end of 1978 or so, ending in about 1984. Good stuff, too. X-Men, Daredevil, Iron Man, ROM... I'll be showing a bunch of those off when I get to them). After all was said and done and I had everything cataloged, I had paid about 45 cents on the dollar for everything. This issue was about $16.

So, before I bought that $1900 collection, I realized I needed to start getting serious about selling my duplicates. And if I was going to pay 45% of their graded value, I couldn't just bring them down to my LCS. As such, I started getting a table at the local cons. Which is a tad awkward since the dealer who runs the major local con was supposed to have the ability to price match on that collection. He didn't get it. Anyway, that dealer ended up buying some of my duplicates (a bunch of which were in the aforementioned collection) and gave me a nice deal on the whole set of Batman Year One original issues. All four for $40 in 9.2-9.6.

And from recent bulk buys I've been cobbling together a pretty solid collection of post-Crisis Batman. I've had a pretty solid collection for a while, but now the #400-500 range is almost complete. There's a guy I've bought a few bulk boxes off. He does bulk buys, too, but he'll do it to get a few issues and then sell the rest. The whole death of Jason Todd story (along with some other good Batman issues) were in the collection. The collection that I got for $0.36 an issue. Not too bad.

Anyway, at this point, I'm starting with my boxes of DC. I'm part way through Batman. I'll be showing off the best finds as I go. There are some good ones.

I dig all of those!

That Superman story is brilliant, and those Batman books are CRISP! Love 'em!

TEX
1/27/2016
Topic:
CapnDoug's Back Issue Discoveries

texranger37
texranger37
CapnDoug,

I just read your post about your brother.

I am sorry for your loss, and I sincerely wish that happiness returns to your world.

TEX
1/27/2016
Topic:
That Jerk's Stuff

texranger37
texranger37
WOW!!!

WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW!!!

DANG AARON!! You might have to make your new CPG moniker Marvelman.

STELLAR collection!

TEX
1/27/2016
Topic:

texranger37
texranger37
Gilgandra wrote:
Well you guys have inspired me to show some awesomeness...Enjoy!

Sandman #1, NM. January 1989. First Modern Age Sandman (Morpheus).

Fables #1, NM. July 2002. Great series, Unfortunately i only got to the 20's (i had a 9 year hiatus).

Transmetropolitan #1, VF+. September 1997. 1st App: Spider Jerusalem.

Absolute Vertigo (Winter), NM. 1995. First Preacher.

Preacher #1, NM. April 1995. 1st App: Everyone...If you don't know who everyone is, Then let Morpheus sprinkle sadness in your dreams tonight Lol.

Hellblazer #1, NM. January 1988. 1st App: Papa Midnite, Chas Chandler, Emma (spirit) & Mnemoth.

The Books of Magic #1, -NM. May 1994. My favorite series ever.

Batman Adventures #7 (Poly-bagged with card). April 1993. HTF now!

House of Mystery Annual #1, NM. December 2009. 1st App: I, Zombie. This book seems not to appear all that often either.

Batman #227, VG+. December 1970. Tribute to the cover of Detective Comics #31. Worth a mint now, Happy to have picked this copy up for $50.

bow

TOTAL AWESOMENESS!!!!

TEX