CapnDoug
Administrator

4/19/2016

CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator
Shotgun22 wrote:
Does anyone know the user Apenza?

I've made two different offers in at least $100 or more on books and no response?

Help?

Does not show up as an actual member in the database.
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

4/19/2016

taskmaster
taskmaster
Does this help?
Attachments:
Pic1.jpeg
0 link
CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator

4/19/2016

CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator
I'm going to refer you to the previous response about not having the "last log in" info for the marketplace. If they have posted on the forums, I could find out, but if they are not forum users, I don't see that info.
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

4/19/2016

taskmaster
taskmaster
Well can he post items for sale and take offers if he's not a member?

Did he get banned or something?
0 link
CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator

4/19/2016

CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator
He might be a member. I just tried to search for him and didn't find him. Not sure why. As for why he's not accepting, he might not be getting the emails, may have lost his log in info, may no loner have the comics.... There are too many reasons to make any assumptions.
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

4/20/2016

taskmaster
taskmaster
I'm not making assumptions it's just odd that you have so many books to just vanish....Most of the people here are cool and have good communication it's other that don't respond or play people against each other by starting out low on what they want but are shill bidding with a fake account...I've seen it on other sites...Funny thing is though that if you have a book(s) for a certain condition and or price and that person matches what you want then you tell them they have to buy the whole lot of books (35 or more) when you only need one book then why do they post individual books for sale then someone has to buy them all to get one book?

Pretzel Logic...Buy and sell easy no games...
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

4/22/2016

taskmaster
taskmaster
And what is this that users can post classifieds of single issues then when an offer is made on ONE book they tell that person they have to but the WHOLE set and/or they change the price(s) of set books after they list it...what's wrong with that picture?
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

4/23/2016

taskmaster
taskmaster
I need moderator help with any info on these users:

Apenza
frodo528
iktinos
paddft

Either never got a response back or never continued the transaction (For whatever reason)

God people must really hate money because I was willing to weal and deal with lots of money....
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

4/23/2016

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
It just sounds like you should move on and look for the books in other ways than using these sellers and perhaps this site.
I've had times using Google for items I wanted to buy and found on a site. Selected the item and tried to pay but the site didn't accept the payment due to the business not being in business anymore but the site was still active. I moved on and looked further in other places to buy item. Maybe these sellers don't use this site now.
Perhaps you have found a deal on the books you are trying to buy that you can't find at such a low price at other sites or businesses. Maybe it too good for you to move on and look at other places for the books.
edited by Jokerbangedquinn on 4/23/2016
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

4/23/2016

taskmaster
taskmaster
jokerbangedquinn wrote:
It just sounds like you should move on and look for the books in other ways than using these sellers and perhaps this site.
I've had times using Google for items I wanted to buy and found on a site. Selected the item and tried to pay but the site didn't accept the payment due to the business not being in business anymore but the site was still active. I moved on and looked further in other places to buy item. Maybe these sellers don't use this site now.
Perhaps you have found a deal on the books you are trying to buy that you can't find at such a low price at other sites or businesses. Maybe it too good for you to move on and look at other places for the books.
edited by Jokerbangedquinn on 4/23/2016

I do more but at other places but your right the good deals sometimes are hard to pass up especially since people want to get rid of their stuff....

If it were me I would at least keep my e-mail info current because you never know...I still use an old g-mail account e-mail for craiglists stuff and it still works...Can't be too picky about not wanting to make money...
0 link
pthomas2010
pthomas2010

4/29/2016

pthomas2010
pthomas2010
I'm a little late to the party here, but I experience this regularly on this site. I just attribute it to everybody
going about their lives and taking care of what's important to them. There was a Journey Into Mystery 85
for sale in the classifieds, but no information about it. I emailed asking what condition and how much, and
never heard back from them. I've had people solicit books to me from my want list and then not respond
if I find something I want. I would say it happens about 50% of the time, and that tells me that a bunch of
people with books for sale would like to sell them, but don't want to actually have to do something to make it
happen. There are some good ones here, too, though.
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

4/30/2016

taskmaster
taskmaster
pthomas2010 wrote:
I'm a little late to the party here, but I experience this regularly on this site. I just attribute it to everybody
going about their lives and taking care of what's important to them. There was a Journey Into Mystery 85
for sale in the classifieds, but no information about it. I emailed asking what condition and how much, and
never heard back from them. I've had people solicit books to me from my want list and then not respond
if I find something I want. I would say it happens about 50% of the time, and that tells me that a bunch of
people with books for sale would like to sell them, but don't want to actually have to do something to make it
happen. There are some good ones here, too, though.

I get that but I want to make make money (like most people) just like E-Bay,Craiglist etc. I sell stuff on both of them all the time and still have a life that's why I don't get why you take the time to list them then vanish that would be a waste of time in my view...
0 link
CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator

4/30/2016

CapnDoug
CapnDoug
Administrator
Honestly, I've asked the site staff to see if there is a way to mark members who are selling issues that have not visited the site in over a certain amount of time. I figure 6 months is sufficient. Not sure if that's possible, but it would make things easier. I assume that is probably what the issue is. Someone posted an issue a long time ago and has not been on the site in some time, but the issues remain until the individual actually takes them down.
0 link
Oxbladder
Oxbladder

5/1/2016

Oxbladder
Oxbladder
Wow. This thread is still going?
0 link
genuinearticlecomics
genuinearticlecomics

5/2/2016

Oxbladder wrote:

LOL!! My thoughts exactly!
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

5/4/2016

taskmaster
taskmaster
Oxbladder wrote:

Yea cause it's still relevant...OMG
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

5/13/2016

kds_comics
kds_comics
Shotgun22 wrote:
genuine_article_comics wrote:
Are you saying you made the $300 offer on books?

If so, maybe the $300 offer was a low ball offer and you're being ignored.

Is that possible?

What books were you trying to.buy?

Can you guys get less sarcastic?? (I know my books I've been buying and selling for over 20 years and collecting for close to 40)

No, we cannot. Sorry.
He he he...
edited by kds_comics on 5/13/2016
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

5/13/2016

kds_comics
kds_comics
Shotgun22 wrote:
Oxbladder wrote:

Yea cause it's still relevant...OMG

It's also amusing. I like it.
0 link
taskmaster
taskmaster

5/16/2016

taskmaster
taskmaster
Just a question has anyone ever dealt with the for mentioned people?
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

5/18/2016

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Nope.
0 link