Editor In Chief as a Creator Messages in this topic - RSS

glorkar
glorkar

9 days ago

glorkar
glorkar
This has been asked in the past, but I thought I'd ask again for current clarification from CPG staff.

Should the Editor in Chief be considered an Editor?
This post from '21 states that they can be: https://comicspriceguide.com/forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=16532
This post from '22 states that there is no official stance: https://comicspriceguide.com/forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=16859

I know it can be a grey area, but in my opinion the Editor in Chief is the supervisor of the other Editors and doesn't actually do any editing. I know that's not always the case, but I believe it's the case most of time.
So in my mind, they don't get credit as a Creator.

A couple of us are just people with a hobby of typing names and clicking yes/no with no real stake in the site, so we'd really appreciate some feedback on this.
0 link
Xvipah73
Xvipah73

9 days ago

Xvipah73
Xvipah73
In my opinion EiC is still an Editor. If they list them in the indicia, then they should probably be listed here as well.

But, an actual employee like Ron may have a more official stance.
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

9 days ago

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
to add my vote, I'm with glorkar on this. Editor-in-Chiefs will usually be listed in the credits of most comics, I think, but unless they have a specific Editor credit for that issue, I don't think they need to be credited here. No one cares about editors anyway smile, but a clear policy would make it easier for submitters, and less yupping/noping.
0 link
Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator

2 days ago

Ronbatman
Ronbatman
Administrator
We haven't changed our stance on this, that we don't have an official stance. This is why.

When Stan Lee was the Editor-in-Chief people loved putting his name in all the issues. When someone less popular comes along people only include the actual book editor. Either is fine with us because they both have merit. Collectible said "no one cares about the editors anyway" and there is a lot of truth in that. My thoughts are that the book editor should be included and everyone else is an extra, like sprinkles on a sundae.
Ron
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

2 days ago

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
ok, good enough.
0 link
glorkar
glorkar

2 days ago