Variants Messages in this topic - RSS

Usmc2831
Usmc2831

11/5/2023

Usmc2831
Usmc2831
Why are Variant issues taking so long to process. I can't put my books away until they are on the database. The stack is getting bigger and bigger.
+1 link
glorkar
glorkar

11/5/2023

glorkar
glorkar
Variants typically take a while. There are just so many for some titles. And there is a bit of a hierarchy when it comes to adding them. The more popular a book, the quicker it will get added.
Out of curiosity, what were some of the variants you added?
+2 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

11/5/2023

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
Usmc2831 wrote:
Why are Variant issues taking so long to process. I can't put my books away until they are on the database. The stack is getting bigger and bigger.

this has been asked and answered many times. also, this is not the right forum for this question, this forum is for technical problems with the site.
notes from admin Ronbatman from one of the multiple posts about this: "We enter roughly 400 to 500 books each week with new comics alone. Variants can be in the same range depending on what's released. Store variants are not on lists from Diamond or other distributors. This takes time and effort.... We receive hundreds of variant covers every month. Single issues can have 100 variants and everything is manually added to the site."

read this post about variant approval time: https://comicspriceguide.com/forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=17986#post40567
also from Ronbatman: "This is how we currently run our business.
Employees work on critical items as we have determined them.
Price Updates - Programming - New Books - Social Media - Forum
Admins work on things that members cannot do and employees don't have time to do.
Approving Variants - Approving Creators - Approving Stories - Forums
Members work on: Approving Missing scans - Publishing dates - cover prices - UPC - missing issues"
it's a matter of manpower and number of submissions and number of weekly issues they get sent to them. you just have to wait.
edited by collectibleshop on 11/5/2023
+3 link
Usmc2831
Usmc2831

11/7/2023

Usmc2831
Usmc2831
Venom 23s, some amazing spider mans, some snake eyes deadgames, new wonder womans etc
0 link
Usmc2831
Usmc2831

11/7/2023

Usmc2831
Usmc2831
oh, my bad, for posting it here
0 link