New variant additions Messages in this topic - RSS

collectibleshop
collectibleshop

12/19/2023

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
Memn0ch wrote:
I am having trouble adding the Canadian Price Variant of Cloak and Dagger Vol 2 #7. The link to adding cover variants does not seem to be working.

that's because it's already there: https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/cloak-and-dagger/7/phprbsw . if you click the Variants tab it's there under Alternate Countries/Publishers. Or if you use Canada in the Country menu, it comes up. And another Scooby Doo mystery solved...
0 link
LtCmdrMarx
LtCmdrMarx

1/27/2024

LtCmdrMarx
LtCmdrMarx
I have an issue #1 of I Make Boys Cry by Absolute Comics, featuring Jamie Tyndall art, and it's a Cosplay Variant cover, featuring the character as Carnage. Issue needs to be added to the system.
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

1/27/2024

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
Some tips: CPG doesn't use pics of signed comics most of the time unless it's the only way they were released. webp pics don't work for CPG's use either. pics need to be cropped to the edges, and .jpg, .png., or .gif. It's ok if you can't find one in those formats and post the webp link just so we know what it looks like tho, makes it easier to track down.

I found a good pic of that and another variant of it (metal/foil edition), and I've submitted those for you. in the future, if you can get the correct pics, you can submit variants yourself thru the Report Missing Variant function found at the bottom of the Variants tab of the issue it goes with, and that's the preferred way.
instructions:
need a sharp square-on scan (not a camera pic), .jpg, .png, or .gif format preferred, cropped to the edges of the comic. If you can't, then find them on the net, with no watermarks, no signatures, no pro-graded ones, no bagged/boarded pics unless it's a factory polybag, and try to make sure they're a published version, not a pre-production pic (like a Previews solicitation often is), as those get changed in production all the time.
Navigate to the specific book that is missing a variant.
Select the 'Variants' tab found next to 'Values'.
You should see a red box titled "Report Missing Variants" on the right side below any listed variants.
Clicking the box will bring up a page where you can upload the pic and enter information specific to the variant you are reporting (not all is required if they have other issues already). This includes what it's called, an image, price, artist, publication date, etc. This makes it much faster for the admins to process the request.

and now you know how to do self-service for variants. and it may take a while before they get added, so be patient.
edited by collectibleshop on 1/27/2024
0 link
LtCmdrMarx
LtCmdrMarx

1/27/2024

LtCmdrMarx
LtCmdrMarx
I have a Nightcrawlers #1 ComicsPro variant cover by Paco Medina. I noticed that it has not made it into the system yet.
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

1/27/2024

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
well then, submit it as described above and maybe it'll get added. your pic is a bit large, but within specs, so ok to use..
0 link
LtCmdrMarx
LtCmdrMarx

1/27/2024

LtCmdrMarx
LtCmdrMarx
I have a different Issue #3A for Heat Seeker A Gun Honey Series. What you have listed my be an alternative variant?
0 link
LtCmdrMarx
LtCmdrMarx

1/27/2024

LtCmdrMarx
LtCmdrMarx
I'm having difficulty finding what you are describing here on the website. All I've ever been able to do is go to the Forums link, and I select the link(?) for Issues and then variants. I never see a tab, (they always look like pages) or any other method to submit missing issues or variants. I have no idea how to resize or reformat an image for submissions here. There is no clear instructions or evidence of instructions on where to go here on the site or how to resize images for submissions. If I sound redundant, I do apologize. I just get frustrated when things are not as easy as they ought or sound to be. And that's even with following your given instructions. Thanks.

collectibleshop wrote:
well then, submit it as described above and maybe it'll get added. your pic is a bit large, but within specs, so ok to use..
0 link
LtCmdrMarx
LtCmdrMarx

1/27/2024

LtCmdrMarx
LtCmdrMarx
I just wanted to let you know that I did figure it out where that button was that you were describing. It took some detective work, but I did find it. I never knew that existed. Thanks.

collectibleshop wrote:
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

1/27/2024

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
yeah, those instructions were from ronbatman that I keep a copy of to paste quickly. I'll change 'below any listed variants' to 'the bottom of the listed variants', cuz some issues have SO many variants it takes a bit of scrolling to get to the bottom of them to see that button.
as for your earlier post,
I'm having difficulty finding what you are describing here on the website. All I've ever been able to do is go to the Forums link, and I select the link(?) for Issues and then variants. I never see a tab, (they always look like pages) or any other method to submit missing issues or variants. I have no idea how to resize or reformat an image for submissions here. There is no clear instructions or evidence of instructions on where to go here on the site or how to resize images forsubmissions. If I sound redundant, I do apologize. I just get frustrated when things are not as easy as they ought or sound to be. And that's even with following your given instructions. Thanks

I'm not sure if I understand all that. You've only been to the forums and not to the main site and used the search form? Your member page says you've been a member since 2010, so figured you knew your way around the site by now. Maybe you've found it now. this is the listing page for Heat Seeker #3, https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/heat-seeker-a-gun-honey-series/3/pisrmpy . you see the (faintly highlighted) 'tabs' right above the issues?: Details Values Variants My Collection
so clicking the Variants link shows all the variant issues, and AFTER any listed ones is the 'report missing variant' button. That brings up the form to add a pic and info.
Watch their youtube videos, that should help: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3eOHtGDGIs0GGohUDuypf3TlQM2aupdo
the main site search page/form is https://comicspriceguide.com/search in case you don't know, and has all kinds of options in the fields drop down menus, MORE than the forum search box does, so better to use the main one to help narrow results.

if you don't know how to resize pics, you can find many ready-to-copy and submit ones at comics.org, so bookmark that. They can be a little slower to add new comics and they also don't have all the variants of everything, but you can find most with google eventually, and if you can't, post about it on the Database and Missing Issue forum (which actually is where your 1st post shoulda been), and someone can probably track it down. I'll message you about another site too, so check your CPG messages in your dashboard. And no, there's no info on the site about how to resize pics, that's up to users to know or find out. plenty of free online or downloadable applications to edit pics with.
read this thread about pic guidelines: https://comicspriceguide.com/forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=5
also see this thread for my search tips (4th post down): https://comicspriceguide.com/forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=12110

https://comicspriceguide.com/faqs for a few How To answers about submitting missing images and reporting missing issues etc.

there's your homework for the weekend, hope it helps.
edited by collectibleshop on 1/28/2024
edited by collectibleshop on 1/28/2024
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

1/28/2024

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
LtCmdrMarx wrote:
I have a different Issue #3A for Heat Seeker A Gun Honey Series. What you have listed my be an alternative variant?

forgot to reply to this one. your #3A is the regular cover that CPG didn't have of that one (goes with the 3F virgin cover), so I reduced the size and submitted it too. And I'm not an admin by the way, just a member.
0 link