Silver Surfer Annual #6 Messages in this topic - RSS

BattleFamousComics
BattleFamousComics

11/2/2020

Can’t find it on here. I have one that still has original packaging,
Perfect condition. They are running for hundreds on go collect. Trying to add it to my collection here.
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

11/2/2020

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/silver-surfer/6_annual/skvpi

Annuals, Specials, hardcovers, trade paperbacks, Free Comic Book Day/FCBD for regular series are under their own tabs with the series they go with (in this case the Vol 3 series).

See this thread for my search tips (4th post down): https://comicspriceguide.com/forum/topic12110-evil-ernie-youth-gone-wild-directors-cut.aspx

https://comicspriceguide.com/faqs for a few How To answers about submitting missing images and reporting missing issues etc.

Watch CPG's 'How To' youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3eOHtGDGIs0GGohUDuypf3TlQM2aupdo

and the only ones going for hundreds are graded 9.8s. the polybag is doing your comic no favors, and if sent for grading they'll remove the bag and toss it, just so you know. Non-graded copies are selling for very little on that auction site (single to low double digits), but maybe there's newer news about the Legacy character that will boost the selling price.
edited by collectibleshop on 11/2/2020
0 link
BattleFamousComics
BattleFamousComics

11/2/2020

Thank you for the information and advice! Yes I just now noticed there is a tiny tab for annuals haha. I apologize. And yes I’m aware the original plastic means nothing. It is 9.8 or higher I believe. I have plans to submit to cgc for signature and grade. Wish me good luck and thank you again!
0 link
lokyel
lokyel

11/3/2020

lokyel
lokyel
Rhubbard07 wrote:
Thank you for the information and advice! Yes I just now noticed there is a tiny tab for annuals haha. I apologize. And yes I’m aware the original plastic means nothing. It is 9.8 or higher I believe. I have plans to submit to cgc for signature and grade. Wish me good luck and thank you again!

cgc will grade you down and put a green lable if it is signed better to go with cbcs for the signature and get it varified.

thanks Gary

Frank-N-Freds
comics & cards
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

11/3/2020

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
cgc will grade you down and put a green lable if it is signed better to go with cbcs for the signature and get it varified.

thanks Gary

if he submits it to CGC for an in-house signing that they're doing like crazy, he'll get the regular Signature Series label. they will not 'grade down' for a non-witnessed sig just because of the sig, it will get a green label with a note about writing on the cover, and it will grade whatever grade it is. It won't fetch the same $ with a green label of course. so hopefully he's going for an in-house signing.
0 link
lokyel
lokyel

11/6/2020

lokyel
lokyel
collectibleshop wrote:

thanks Gary

if he submits it to CGC for an in-house signing that they're doing like crazy, he'll get the regular Signature Series label. they will not 'grade down' for a non-witnessed sig just because of the sig, it will get a green label with a note about writing on the cover, and it will grade whatever grade it is. It won't fetch the same $ with a green label of course. so hopefully he's going for an in-house signing.

YES that is correct for the in house signing.

as for the ones we sent in that was unwitnessed they dropped it at least 1 point with grader note saying only about the signature.

thanks
Gary

FRANK-N-FREDS
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

11/6/2020

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
lokyel wrote:
collectibleshop wrote:

thanks Gary

YES that is correct for the in house signing.

as for the ones we sent in that was unwitnessed they dropped it at least 1 point with grader note saying only about the signature.

thanks
Gary

FRANK-N-FREDS

well, news to me, but maybe they changed their standards again from when I submitted a non-witnessed sig comic like 3 years ago. it got a 9.8 as expected. Rhubbard07 may want to call CGC and check with them before he sends his in, if not doing an in-house signing.
0 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

11/6/2020

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
did a search on the CGC forums (mostly the Ask CGC forum), and a post from them in 2017 said this: "By giving your comic our Qualified label, we are ignoring the signature for purposes of the grade." That's for comics signed on the cover. So a non-witnessed sig isn't supposed to affect the grade (unless it's damaged the cover of course), or at least not then.

Comics signed inside can get a blue label, and a note on the label that says 'name written inside on 1st page', or if they feel like it, they'll print the name too. HOWEVER, it seems that with inside sigs, they may downgrade for the writing, although they may not too.

I emailed them this aft to ask what the current grading policy is for non-witnessed cover sigs, but won't hear back till Monday at least. Will update when I get a reply, just wanted to pass along this much info now.

And also saw that if you're sending in for an in-house signing, they suggest you make a 'window bag' for your book with a cut-out in it for where you want the sig, that way the rest of the book is protected from hand oil and possible wrinkling etc.. You can send it in without that cut-out and they will provide their own pre-made window bag, but then you don't get the choice of where it's signed, so something to consider. there's a thread or two over on their forums about window bags and making your own, it's pretty easy. of course that bag will get tossed before they slab the comic, so your choice of using a poly bag or fancier mylar.
+1 link
collectibleshop
collectibleshop

11/11/2020

collectibleshop
collectibleshop
finally heard back from CGC today, and Rebecca said: "Without a CGC witness present, your signed comic, if graded, would receive the green Qualified label with a notation of “NAME WRITTEN ON COVER IN MARKER” with no assertion of who may have signed the comic. Books that receive the green label do not receive a lower grade because of the unwitnessed signature. CGC ignores the unwitnessed signature for grading purposes."

so Gary, if the only grader note was about the sig, and you call in to ask why it got a 'point' lower than expected, they can't tell you cuz they didn't make other notes about defects. probably not worth the expense for a regrade, but would depend on value of the book of course.
edited by collectibleshop on 11/11/2020
0 link