Hello from one of the new guys... Messages in this topic - RSS

Canadian Boarder
Canadian Boarder

2/14/2016

Noticed there wasn't any sort of intro section so I figured I'd post here to say hello!

I'm a fairly avid collector who took some time away for the past couple years while I focused on developing my gaming website. It's tough being a nerd with multiple things that I love! The site has turned out great, we cover reviews, editorials, previews, news etc and I have around 40 writers now so things are looking aces.

Now that it's up and running though I can veer back to my comic book passion which is awesome! After diving back into my long boxes recently I got really stoked to hit up the shop and get the sub box going again. Picked up a few hundred bucks worth of stuff on Wednesday and started playing catch up!

Anyhow, hello to everyone and I look forward to being active on the board!

Cheers,
Shawn
+1 link
Canadian Boarder
Canadian Boarder

2/17/2016

Good luck indeed... if I didn't have a wife keeping me in line I'd be spending a lot more!

Feels good to be back though. Nothing like leafing through Previews getting ready to place your order!
+1 link
Gilgandra
Gilgandra

2/17/2016

Gilgandra
Gilgandra
Canadian Boarder wrote:
Good luck indeed... if I didn't have a wife keeping me in line I'd be spending a lot more!

Feels good to be back though. Nothing like leafing through Previews getting ready to place your order!

I enjoyed doing that too back in the 90's...after my 10 yr hiatus i'm now to afraid to look at it Lol.
+1 link
shoggoth80
shoggoth80

2/25/2016

shoggoth80
shoggoth80
Having decided to re-indulge this hobby, I can somewhat empathize. I took a break, and a fairly lengthy one, from actively seeking out stuff. This means that there was plenty that I missed on. Lol. Catch up is expensive. There's a couple key titles that I've tossed on subscription...but the rest is mostly prestige format stuff, and collected graphic novels. It's all fun.
+1 link