4bubble4

all messages by user

8/26/2019
Topic:
Did JIM and Thor comics suddenly drop in price?

4bubble4
4bubble4
I see #83 suddenly dropped to $27,500..i mean thats that quite the sudden drop

Anybody offering explanations? Any other comics suddenly dropping?

Its ok with me because now I can afford to buy the one I'm missing but just curious

Thanks!

Chris
9/1/2019
Topic:
Did JIM and Thor comics suddenly drop in price?

4bubble4
4bubble4
Having said that, if someone wants to sell me JIM#112 NM for $438 I'll gladly take it off your hands..if you have 2 or 3 of them I'll take those too.

: )

Yes, someone needs to monitor "Recent Value Changes" and make sure the price seems reasonable before just entering the info. If the value seems odd then more investigation should be required. You can lose reputation very quickly if you enter prices that seem way off on even a somewhat infrequent basis. Generally i find the the price changes quite good on this website. I'm not nearly as serious a collector as many here but I know Thor comics pretty well so the change caught my eye right away.

This is pretty serious money now. We can't just arbitrarily put some number because we got the info from one area and assume that is the going price. In this case someone should have questioned the price first before entering it. Very Key and rare issue of that grade like this one has to be looked at more carefully.

I'm in the financial industry. If a stock drops off or rises significantly there has to be some materially serious news. Obviously comics books are a different beast and one has to expect some serious price swings as comic book prices rely almost solely on popularity and scarcity, but anything greater than 15 to 20% change in price should warrant some explanation of some sort just so people don't have a complete cardiac arrest.

Thanks for the input everyone

Chris

stephanm wrote:
And on further checking Heritage, I realized that there are many more recent sales than I had at first spotted, including these (the only ones at levels comparable to 9.4):

a 9.0, just four weeks ago, for $60,000
a 9.0 in February for 66,000

a 9.4 in February for 144,000

So, yes, there might be a slight downward trajectory -- the 9.0 sale in August was 9% below the one in February.

But, sorry, no way that 42,000 for 9.4 (which should be substantially higher than a 9.0) can be even remotely correct...

(by the way, my follow-up post came up as "guest" instead of "stephanm". But I remain signed in... odd...)
edited by stephanm on 8/30/2019