tillig

all messages by user

5/29/2017
Topic:
How do you renew PayPal preapproval?

tillig
tillig
I've got a gold membership using PayPal, which creates some sort of "preapproval" for allowing automatic renewal of the subscription over time. Apparently that preapproval agreement is ending, so the CPG auto-notifier thing has been sending me warnings that my subscription is going to be canceled soon if I don't extend the preapproval.

Looking at the PayPal FAQ, it sounds like extending the preapproval is something I need to do from the seller's site (CPG) not PayPal's site. However, I don't see any options to do that here.

Does anyone know how to renew a PayPal preapproval so I don't lose my subscription? (I did send a message to CPG via "Contact Us" but I've not heard anything back.)
5/31/2017
Topic:
How do you renew PayPal preapproval?

tillig
tillig
rixmaxx wrote:

I am a Gold Member and I too use Paypal to pay for my subscription but I don't know what "preapproval" you are talking about. Do you have a bank account linked to your Paypal account and have "verified" address info?

When you sign up using PayPal and allow renewals, that renewal is only "allowed" for a finite period of time. If you click the little gear icon in the top corner of PayPal, then select "Payments," then "Manage Pre-Approved Payments," then "pre-approved payment plans" you'll see a screen listing the PayPal payments that allow for auto-renewal. This gets set up between Comics Price Guide (the seller) and PayPal at the time you subscribe. (Yes, that screen is buried pretty deep and is hard to find if you don't know what you're looking for.)

There's an expiration date on the pre-approved payment plan. It can usually last a few years, but it's not infinite.

Mine's at a point where it's about to expire.

According to the PayPal FAQ, this is something that has to happen on the back end - between the seller's system and the PayPal system. There are no buttons in PayPal to extend the agreement. There's nothing on the Comics Price Guide site to extend the agreement.

Hence the question: Is there something I'm missing? Some admin somewhere who can re-up me? Or do I just have to let the subscription lapse and create a new PayPal payment plan at that time?