Al Cohol

all messages by user

2/14/2021
Topic:
Historic autographs

Al Cohol
Al Cohol
Just wondering what everyone thinks about historic autographs comic book avalanche? My experience tells me to caution however I have received some nice comics that would grade well and have desirable signatures. At least in my own self serving mind.
2/23/2021
Topic:
10/ 9.9 as compared to 9.8 population

Al Cohol
Al Cohol
It seems an awful lot like 9.8 is the new 10 and even 9.9. my recent experience just doesnt include the 9.9 or 10 variety. Not by choice as I would love more opportunities to get these rare in grade comics. Just what does a ten have over a 9.8? How come even books hot off the presses seemingly un touched can't grade above 9.8? Not just specific grading company's all seem to use just opening the comic removes it from that possible 10 immediately. Maybe it's me, seems if we are going to grade this way maybe the huge gap between a 10 and a 9.8 on the value scale should shrink in favor of the 9.8 gaining value or something that adds up better to an opinion. What do you see?
2/23/2021
Topic:
10/ 9.9 as compared to 9.8 population

Al Cohol
Al Cohol
Al Cohol wrote:
It seems an awful lot like 9.8 is the new 10 and even 9.9. my recent experience just doesnt include the 9.9 or 10 variety. Not by choice as I would love more opportunities to get these rare in grade comics. Just what does a ten have over a 9.8? How come even books hot off the presses seemingly un touched can't grade above 9.8? Not just specific grading company's all seem to use just opening the comic removes it from that possible 10 immediately. Maybe it's me, seems if we are going to grade this way maybe the huge gap between a 10 and a 9.8 on the value scale should shrink in favor of the 9.8 gaining value or something that adds up better to an opinion. What do you see?

No matter what the have to flip through all the pages in order to achieve a 10 thusly making it a 9.9? IDK?!
5/9/2021
Topic:
Graded 9.8 vs 9.6 Do you think the market?

Al Cohol
Al Cohol
This is the nature of the beast. My current on going experience with auctioning a rare comic graded 9.6 going for 1/3 the price of the exact same copy that's graded 9.8. 1/3. Not much I can do with any part of making a difference in the market wether buying or selling. Those 2 points are subjected to the lack of gem mint 10s or 9.9s currently available, or anything in-between. For such a microscopic assessment there isn't broad enough scale to assess the value differences under the microscope. To broad a spectrum in two Points I say. I really don't know much about it so I'm not speaking from a professional stand point. I do see this though 2 points is enormous. Do my think I've even seen a 10 grade.