Blairg

all messages by user

8/14/2016
Topic:
Question about CPG valuations of graded issues

Blairg
Blairg
Hi,

I've noticed a few interesting things about the variance of value between non-graded and graded books on CPG.

Avengers (1960's) #1 and #2 have the standard valuations where everything under about 8.0 is valued the same graded or not. for issues #3 and #4, there is a huge (double) difference between non-graded and graded in any condition.

Does anybody know if this is just an error within CPG, or if this is how the value is actually perceived?

I have found a copy of #4 graded at 3.0 that would actually be an OK price if valued as seen on this site.

Thanks,
Blair
3/24/2018
Topic:
Buying

Blairg
Blairg
birdsonginc wrote:
Two issues:

1. Unable to close out a transaction for a book I purchased. Only button that works is the past due but I did receive the book.
2. Cannot message a seller to request an image of the item they are selling.

Hmmmm. I just sold a book and everything worked properly. As soon as the offer is accepted, the offer moves into the limbo box and a button should appear for the buyer and seller. Seller should get 'Mark Paid' which they hit when the book is paid for and the buyer should get a 'Mark Recieved' button. Both need to be hit before the listing will leave the limbo box.

You should always be able to message any other member of the site via the message system. Exchange of images, unfortunately, has to be done externally because there is not internal system for sending images. BTW, I insist on sending images for any book I sell thats not graded, and I think all buyers should demand it.

Thanks,
Blair