Bknichols1

all messages by user

4/25/2018
Topic:
A pressing question: To press or not to press?

Bknichols1
Bknichols1
How do you decide whether or not to have your comics pressed before sending them in to get graded? Do you have older comics pressed as a general rule, or only if there is a visible crease (that is non-color breaking, of course)? If you do have them pressed, do you just use CBCS's or CGC's pressing service when you send them in, or do you use another vendor that will press and then send them on to get graded? I have a few comics from the '70's that I'm thinking about sending in to get graded, such as Godzilla #1 (35 cent variant), Black Lightning #1, and Savage She-Hulk #1. All are in very good shape, and the Godzilla has a small crease on the back cover that I know could use a press, but I'm not certain whether the others will really benefit from pressing. But since the cost of pressing isn't that much more, should I go ahead and just have them all pressed?
4/27/2018
Topic:
A pressing question: To press or not to press?

Bknichols1
Bknichols1
Thanks for the help, Oxbladder and Ronbatman! I don't think I have any local pressing services, but it is definitely worth checking into.