Looking to Invest in GOTG comics Messages in this topic - RSS

Jkinsell7
Jkinsell7

3/16/2017

Jkinsell7
Jkinsell7
Hey everyone, I just started collecting comics and looking for CGC graded
stuff. Was just looking to start investing in some Guardians of the
Galaxy comics or buying one before the movie blows everything up... Any info you
could pass on to me would be awesome!!
Thanks so much =D
0 link
sclingerman
sclingerman

3/17/2017

sclingerman
sclingerman
They already blew up with the first movie. I doubt they'd move up a lot more just because of a sequel.
Even the first appearance of characters new to this movie have already started going up. It happens the day they're announced, and everyone jumps on the bandwagon. Example: Avengers #112, first appearance of Mantis, already doubled or tripled in price - I forgot which.
So you're not going to make a lot of money off of buying the Key issues now.

If you want to collect the Key issues because you just want to collect them... then Google the first appearance of each character (Wikipedia usually even has this info), and then buy those.
0 link
raztaman420
raztaman420

3/18/2017

raztaman420
raztaman420
You missed the boat on GOTG. I remember buying that back in the day and thinking it's too lame to be worth anything. Now I can't believe it's even up to $12 in NM. If you know about a new character appearing in the new movie, you should try to jump on that first appearance issue.

Perhaps you can pursue the Infinity Gauntlet comics and characters. That's still yet to come, and character back issues vary from really expensive (1st Silver Surfer) to medium (1st Thanos) to low price (Infinity Gauntlet #1). It's aguessing game so far about the plot and main characters. ~raz
0 link