Image United #0 Messages in this topic - RSS

jarhead_84
jarhead_84

3/13/2017

jarhead_84
jarhead_84
Attached is the cover scan I have. The one loaded is signed, so wasn't sure if there were two different versions, It doesn't state anywhere that's its from a comicon .

Ben
Attachments:
Image United.jpg
0 link
Ohs69grad
Ohs69grad
Administrator

3/14/2017

Ohs69grad
Ohs69grad
Administrator
Ben,

I think they are the same book, just one cover is signed and the other is not. The person who added this issue probably obtained his copy at the San Diego Comic Con. Image probably handed them out at the con and I wouldn't be surprised if they gave them away at other cons, although we do know they identified the Baltimore Comic Con issue. Publishers do this sometimes. I remember receiving requests last year to add DC's Young Animals ashcan, which they received at the San Diego Comic Con. Lo and behold, these books started showing up at my LCS in Virginia a month or so later. They were giveaways. In a nutshell, I believe Issue 0 and your book are one and the same.

Jesse
0 link
jarhead_84
jarhead_84

3/14/2017

jarhead_84
jarhead_84
Awesome!! Just jumped my collection 20 bucks, no idea where I even came up with this issue. As I finish digging thru my last couple boxes, wonder what else I will find!

Ben
0 link
Ohs69grad
Ohs69grad
Administrator

3/15/2017

Ohs69grad
Ohs69grad
Administrator
I know what you mean. I remember going through my collection and entering them into the database when I ran across a Marvel book (I can't recall the title... I know it wasn't Star Wars) from 1976 with a .30 cent cover. This was when comics were .25 cents. Marvel tested a .30 cent cover in a few select cities I guess to see if the market would accept the price hike. They are worth at least three times the value of the regular cover. And I have no idea where I got it.

Jesse
0 link