Serenity The Shepherd's Tale Messages in this topic - RSS

iron_puppy
iron_puppy

1/20/2017

iron_puppy
iron_puppy
When locating the hardcover graphic novel for Shepherd's Tale I found it under Serenity. vol one as the third in a series of editions, but it wasn't. I don't know how many other people may have had trouble finding this, but Serenity the first mini series was one story, yet in the Hard cover listing it lists "Better Days", which was a sepereate mini series, then collected in it's own trade. But Shepherd's Tale was never a mini series and published as a Graphic Novel with it's own original story. It does say inside the cover the it is "Serenity, volume three, The Shepherd's Tale", but it's the third story, not part of the rest. Here is ISBN 978-1-59582-561-2. I checked it and it was only an Original Graphic Novel.
0 link
Ohs69grad
Ohs69grad
Administrator

1/20/2017

Ohs69grad
Ohs69grad
Administrator
I can understand the confusion. I don't know why they were added the way they were. As a general rule, we try to put hard covers and trade paperbacks in the series they collect instead of listing them separately. If our volume number differs from the publisher's number, then we add a comment indicating the volume in the series. That is what I have done with this title. You will now see that Better Days is listed in the mini-series with a notation that it is Volume 2 of the series and Shepherd's Tale is listed separately with a notation that it is Volume 3 of the series. The link for Shepherd's Tale is http://comicspriceguide.com/collection/dark-horse/serenity-the-shepherds-tale/1/pjxyjvy. According to the small print inside the hard cover, the title is Serenity Volume Three: The Shepherd's Tale.

Hopefully this corrects the problem. Thanks for your input.

Jesse
0 link
iron_puppy
iron_puppy

1/21/2017

iron_puppy
iron_puppy
Great, Thanks!
0 link