Iron Man cover that doesn't exist Messages in this topic - RSS

Cerealkillerw
Cerealkillerw

1/14/2017

Cerealkillerw
Cerealkillerw
I have a copy of Invicible Iron Man vol 3 number 1 that I bought from the Hero Initiative, instead of the barcode it has the name of an artist and his years of birth and death. It's also signed by Matt Fraction and Salvadore, any idea on values? It's not in the price guide, it's not on eBay and it's not in any database I can find.
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

1/15/2017

Defiant1
Defiant1
A guide will list it for the same price as the regular version, but I'd definitely set my own price is I was selling it. I'd probably price it double and let people know the history of it as you have done here. Since people don't know about it or it's history, that hurts the demand for something like this. Price is contingent upon available supply and demand. There is no extra demand if people don't know it exists. You can spark a demand by publicizing it on message boards to other collectors. Posting a high quality scan would help. Signatures are generally viewed as flaws since it's writing on a book. Signatures can be forged. Even though it's considered a flaw, it would not hurt the price if a collector is wanting the signatures that are on this one. People who want signatures and trust that it is genuine will pay extra. Whatever amount that you are willing to accept to part with it is immediately going to be the price since there aren't any others for sale. That's the cool thing about owning really obscure comics.
edited by Defiant1 on 1/15/2017
0 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

1/15/2017

kds_comics
kds_comics
Back in the 1980's comic shipped with bar code. Spider-Man (or other character face) or blank "white" space in box that would normally have bar code. There is no difference in value. This difference was direct to consumer marker versus wholesale to comic shop. See explanation here. (and lots of other places )
http://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/20314/what-does-the-spider-man-symbol-on-1980s-comic-covers-mean

Unless yours is a special issue from that retailer, I would think it would have no additional value.

The signature add value - but that is subjective - a guide won't help you much here.

KDS
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

1/15/2017

Defiant1
Defiant1
Hero Initiative is not a retailer. It is an organization to assist comic creators that may have fallen on hard times. This sounds like a special printing just for them.
0 link