New to Comic Books Messages in this topic - RSS

Libros1700
Libros1700

12/5/2016

Libros1700
Libros1700
I am trying to understand the pricing for the books. What is the difference between Raw and Graded? I have 2 or 3 boxes of books. Some are in Mylar and in excellent condition. How do I price them accordingly? Who Grades them for a price? Please help.
Thank you
0 link
quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker

12/5/2016

quinnspuddinjoker
quinnspuddinjoker
Raw, you grade yourself....GRADED books a third party company grades it for you for a fee.

If you know how to grade a book great if not there are sites that explain how to grade a book, including this site which explains grading. Also if you look around this site and look for similar posts like yours, you will find more explanations answering your question. At least once a week there is the same question you are asking....look around and read some. Good luck, happy collecting!

Here is a link to a third party company that grades your books.....https://www.cbcscomics.com
edited by Jokerbangedquinn on 12/5/2016
+2 link
kds_comics
kds_comics

12/6/2016

kds_comics
kds_comics
Check my display case for examples of raw and graded comics.

http://comicspriceguide.com/cpg-member/kdscomics
0 link
Mr Tom
Mr Tom

2/18/2017

Mr Tom
Mr Tom
New to comics! Trying to understand Issue & Volume #'s. Example, "DC Comics Presents" Superman and Black Canary, this site's listing shows # 30, issue 1, I have a #30, volume 4. First, is issue and volume same and if so, is a 4 like a 4th edition print? Thanks in advance, sorry if this is very beginner!
0 link
Defiant1
Defiant1

2/18/2017

Defiant1
Defiant1
It varies from one publisher to the next. Some publishers might publish a series from #1 to #100 and then have a different volume listed every year, but the issue numbers are kept consecutive. Another publisher might start over with a new volume every year and also restart the numbering with a new #1 when the volume changes. I've seen dozen of different scenarios. Older publisher would start a series, count it up to 20, then change the name of the series. The new title would pick up at #21 and go a few more issues and the title would change again. The volume # might not change unless they went back to a titled that had been used before. Essentially, anything goes.
0 link