Bad Santa 2 Messages in this topic - RSS

colbalt91
colbalt91

11/22/2016

colbalt91
colbalt91
Well the holidays are here and out come the usual holiday pictures. "Bad Santa 2" has joined this year's deluge. I was not that much of a fan of the first one though I did find this one more interesting. I said more interesting not necessarily more funny. Billy Bob Thornton is back as Willie Soke and so is his midget sidekick Marcus.
Raunchy is the name of the game as it was in the first movie. However there is no female nudity as one would expect to find in a really raunchy movie that means to offend. So, in other words this movie is trying not not to that offensive to the female audience. And since raunchy is what this movie is known for then it has an obvious failing. And the two main actresses in this movie are a little bit chunky anyway. Chubby chasers will rejoice.
It has an interesting plot, but does not delve into too much detail as the movie progresses. Everything seems to be skimmed over as the movie races to its end. It seems like this movie was meant to be longer but was cut back as it is not really that funny.
Kathy Bates is in "Bad Santa 2" as Willie's mother who turns out to be one of the worst mothers ever and also a career criminal who needs Willie to help her hit a big haul and head down to Mexico. So, now the movie overindulges in bad mother issues that show how bad Santa came to be.
Also, in this somewhat interesting movie is the character of Thurman Merman, that weird kid from the first movie. He seems to be a sort of Pillsbury Doughboy type character that just walks through different parts of the movie being an antithesis of everything that is going on elsewhere. He stands out and when his character sings in a choir it is very beautiful. Thurman Merman is a ray of sunshine in the very dismal world that Willie he lives in.
As I said at the beginning of this review, this is not that funny of a movie but I did find it very interesting and though some people may say it seems long I wish there would have been more time spent elaborating on all the events that had been put into the plot.
edited by colbalt91 on 11/22/2016
edited by colbalt91 on 11/22/2016
0 link